Did I get gel nails? HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see why you would be so upset!

So it seems that it all got a little bit out of perspective but you've come back and put it right so please, let me smooooooth out your ruffled feathers.

You have been given some good and some not so good advice so far. I think you can work out which is the good advice .. so, maybe in 2-4 weeks you could come back with some more pictures and show us how your nails have improved and let us know what choices you made.

If you have any more questions we can help you with there will be someone here to help!

Are we 'friends' again?

Jacqui xx

Yeah I couldn't reply until this evening anyway because I had work (I work part time in retail, not journalism). Yes I think I will come back and let you know what's happened, and tell you if i found out if my nails were acrylics or the mma stuff somebody mentioned. I just hope they're not damaged :/ I know that if they are it will be hard for me to leave them alone (biting wise).. :/

Yes we are friends again Jacqui, I appreciated your help last night very much, thank you for understanding and not doubting me xxx

Good girl, see you on this site again soon then :)

Jacqui xx

Well yes, clearly, a 16 year old girl, really happy to finally be changing their nails after a lifetime of biting and trying to stop, felt like this was significant enough to her to take a picture, to show her family. Call me 'sad' or whatever, I did it.
I guess none of you understand the importance it had to me, i'm really offended by the doubt from this forum.

Fair enough, then.:) dont forget that this is online forum, and we cant see who you are, what you look like and cant tell what your real intentions are. People can be paranoid, as we dont know the tone of your language, or anything. Everyone want to help here, however, please allow for us (me) to doubt you. Its nothing personal, no offence intended, its just an online forum where anyone can be anybody :) i apologize, if i offended you :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Beeinthewood - forgive me if you said already bt which part of the UK are you from? Perhaps there is a Geek here who would be able to help you on the journey to growing your nails and moving from enhancements over to what we call a NNO ( natural nail overlay ). This is where your nails have grown to a good length but you have a liquid and powder or gel over the top of them to offer some strength to them. Perhaps you could even move over to a product such as Shellac when they grow which is a hybrid polish that stays gorgeous for 14 days :D

It is really great that you found the will power to stop biting them - it is not an easy thing to do and you should be very proud of yourself. Perhaps you should give some of our clients some tips about how to stop also hehe ;) xxx

I hope if this is the case they don't use some of the less informed information for publication. When there is more accurate information to choose from.

Jacqui xx

I didn't realise that you couldn't respond to questions unless you had completed your masters, silly me ! (makes sense though) i just get carried away, sorry if i annoyed anyone, in future i'll try to refrain from jumping in with any answers

I didn't realise that you couldn't respond to questions unless you had completed your masters, silly me ! (makes sense though) i just get carried away, sorry if i annoyed anyone, in future i'll try to refrain from jumping in with any answers

Er sorry but I don't know what you are talking about or why you have quoted my post?

You haven't annoyed me, have you got the wrong geek?

As far as I am concerned Tigan, you (or anyone) can answer and contribute to any post you want!

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back