Did my first full set of gel nails last night!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Well it took 2 hours 45 minutes (which i was impressed by :green:) and that includes my 'client' getting fluff from her cardigan in the sticky layer and having to start again with bonder :rolleyes:

Well they were all good apart from the little nail which had a ridge and was not even enough but the rest looked pretty good. Just to make my life really hard :)lol:) said 'client' wanted french tips but even that went really well. I followed the smile of the tip is that an acceptable way to do it?
On a couple of nails (thumb and middle finger - right hand) there was a shadow in the middle of the white it looked like you could see the tip through. I think this means I didnt put the white and the clear on thick enough and it got too thinned out.

However Im really pleased. I've got 45 minutes in time to get down to 2 hours and I can see how to do that. Better application less filing and getting quicker at choosing tips (which for some reason takes me ages) and just general practice :!:

Ami

P.S Im not posting pic because the quality of my camera is bad and I know you shall tell me off :lol: Shall be investing in a decent one asap!

P.S Im not posting pic because the quality of my camera is bad and I know you shall tell me off :lol: Shall be investing in a decent one asap!

I was just about to ask lol but well done.:)

Sounds like you did a good job and 2hrs 45 mins is good time for your first set - don't even ask how long my first set took!! There will come a time when you will look at a clients nails and just say ah, thats a size 6, thats a 5 etc, but it takes time.

Well done!

well done 2h45 is very good time

I have a question about that shadow??

not sure if I understand??

did you put clear on white??

if so .. why did you do that?? I never put clear on white in both L&P abd gel :)

well done 2h45 is very good time

I have a question about that shadow??

not sure if I understand??

did you put clear on white??

if so .. why did you do that?? I never put clear on white in both L&P abd gel :)

Errrr lol :lol: ok Im using LCN Products and the system im using is the phasique system. I pprepared nail applied my tips etc then
I did Phasique Phase 1 (bonder)
The I used FM pearl white to do my tips
Then did phasique phase 2 (strength) - this is my clear
Then did Phasique phase 3 (shine)

I've not been shown how to do french tips with the phasique sytem but I have with the 3 step sytem for sculpted nails, and thats the order how it was done with that system.
Why did i do it wrong? :smack: lol

Ami

so did you applied any clear gel on the white gel??

Idont know the system you use so I cant tell you

I just wanted to ask because I wanted to help You to avoid this shadow

so did you applied any clear gel on the white gel??
I put the main bulk of my clear beneath the smile and then dragged a thin layer over the white and capped the free edge, in the same way I was shown with scuplted nails :irked:

it's ok

but under condition that white gel surface is very even and smoothly applied

othervise you may get shadow because the white and clear are not on the same level

I don'know if I explaind that quite clearly :hug:

it's ok

but under condition that white gel surface is very even and smoothly applied

othervise you may get shadow because the white and clear are not on the same level

I don'know if I explaind that quite clearly :hug:

I THINK I know what you mean, Im definatley going to go over it with my tutor tommorow.
So am i better off taking the clear up to the white and not over it? I can see what you are saying about if the white isnt even you wont be able to even it.
The actual shadow was directly in the middle of the white tip not below it. So the smile was white either side and had a clear patch in the middle.
Man is ever hard to explain these things without being able to show what you mean! :lol: Hopefully your with me!

Ami

:) yeah i get it

anyway good luck with your frenches
:green:

Errrr lol :lol: ok Im using LCN Products and the system im using is the phasique system. I pprepared nail applied my tips etc then

Hi Hun

The french goes on after Phas 2 but before sealant.

xxxx

Hi Hun

The french goes on after Phas 2 but before sealant.

xxxx

:grr: :lol:

Ok thanks 'TipznToez', so do I wipe with cleaner before I do the white or not?

Also how will doing it the wrong order affect the nails I have already done?

Thanks Ami

Latest posts

Back