did my friend have MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
HI Geeks, just a quick question out of curiosity.........
I have a friend who favours natural nails, however when she got married she had some acrylics done (this was before I was qualified otherwise I would have done them).

When I started training I inflicted my "services" on anyone and everyone, but this particuar friend said that she wouldnt be happy to oblige as she hates acrylics. Now, each to their own, I never asked her why she hates them, just left it at that.

I did her sisters nails recently and she came along for a chat and a nosey. We got talking and she commented on how acrylics ruin your natural nail. I gave her the info on how application can damage if done wrong, the product doesnt etc, and she told me about her experience. Her nails were done in what I call one of those "town centre sweat shops". She said that her nails hurt afterwards, and that when she had them soaked off after the wedding her nail plate was so damaged that she could see layers of her nail being soaked off with the acrylic. She said it took about 40 mins for her nails to be soaked off, and that as it was coming off it was stringy and glue like.

I imagine that her nail plate damage was due to excessive filing, but with the soak off she described I wonder if her nails were done with MMA? What she described doesnt sound like any product I work with. any thoughts??

It depends on the thickness of the product as to how long it takes for removal.

She could well have had MMA, likewise, she could also have had a thicker than normal application.
If they only took 40 mins to soak off I'd say that MMA wasn't used because that stuff takes a lifetime to soak off!

Have you seen her nails 'close up'? Do her nail beds look milky in colour?

I've seen that before

I had few clients from different sallons
the product was not only glue like guring soaking but also had horrible smell during filing

and I thought it was just a bad quality product... but the client was not able to tell what brand was it

Sounds like a really thick adhesive resin (sometimes referred to as a gel but not cured under a UV Lamp).
Not MMA which doesn't soak off in 40 minutes or 40 days!!! :lol:

Just another bad nail technician!! :irked:

Sounds like a really thick adhesive resin (sometimes referred to as a gel but not cured under a UV Lamp).
Not MMA which doesn't soak off in 40 minutes or 40 days!!! :lol:

Just another bad nail technician!! :irked:
Is this adhesive resin the gel that actually bonds the nail tip to the nail plate Geeg....if it is is it supposed to feel like you can actually feel the glue...in the past when a nail technician applied enhancements on myself,after wards it felt really thick underneath,and i wanted to prize my skin from it....most annoying:irked:

Is this adhesive resin the gel that actually bonds the nail tip to the nail plate Geeg....if it is is it supposed to feel like you can actually feel the glue...in the past when a nail technician applied enhancements on myself,after wards it felt really thick underneath,and i wanted to prize my skin from it....most annoying:irked:

Just a thicker version of the same thing.

Latest posts

Back