Did you ever have a lack of confidence in yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little*Miss

Reaction score
Hey girls and guys!

As with a new year I'm reflecting on things. So currently I do lash lifting in my spare time (I have a day job) but I'm just wondering if it is for me. I get good results but I'm so highly critical of my work. I have regular clients but I struggle to get new clients! I don't do any promotions so there's room for improvement! I get quite nervous before a treatment and with being hard on myself and not building clients as quickly as I'd like.

I just wonder if I am in the right field.

Has anyone else felt like this at any point, any advice anything would be great! :D

Being critical is quite normal for those of us passionate about our work.
Some of us do this as our only job so we have nothing else to fall back on if we don't do a good job. That creates enormous pressure to always be as good as your last job so to speak.

No matter how long we work in the industry , there will ALWAYS be moments when we feel that we could have done something a little better or another way.
Are you only doing lash lifting? I have just started them and have been as nervous as anything even though i have been in the industry for many years now.
Do you do anything else? I couldnt survive on one treatment...there's just not enough clients for me.

Also It can take a couple of years to build a good client base , so don't expect miracles in a hurry.

Maybe it is time to get your advertising a bit more up to speed and you will find links on this forum with suggestions for you.

Hi Rosie,

Thank you so much for your reply! It's kinda of nice for me to hear you've been a little nervous doing lash lifts. Are you nervous because it's just a new treatment you're doing? I'm only wondering as you have lots more experience than me :)
I just do the lash lifts at the mo, I haven't taken anything else on as I'm not sure because of my nerves if I want to do something else. I took this up alongside my job to see if I'd like it. Which is tough too as I'm now working two jobs. But it's good as I don't have the pressure of having to make it work I guess. :)

Yea I could do with doing some marketing etc if I want to continue :)

Hi Little Miss,

Yes my nerves are because it is new to me. As soon as the shields are on I can relax. My clients are blisfully unaware that I am nervous, I don't shake or feel they can visibly see any change in me. They have been my clients for years and years so their expectation is 100% perfect job, so that's my mission and hence the nerves.
As I am quite a lot older than you, I am old school trained and anything new to me comes with a bit more difficulty than when I was at college. Courses today if not offered with college back up are rushed and I feel that's when we worry. So it's all about practise,practise,practise and being super critical to get the best result. Choosing an accredited course with good tutors that are on hand after training is essential.

You are like many new starters on this forum, working two jobs and daring to take the leap so you are not on your own.
Personally I love my work and I can't ever imagine what else I could have done to have had so much joy and satisfaction from.
It's your life ...just enjoy what you do and perhaps do another course to see if that entices you into taking the leap!

Rosie

Thanks Rosie :)

Ahh yes I completely agree, once the shields are on and I get a few lashes on I feel I can relax too! Yes I don't think anyone notices and I feel way more confident than my first few clients but I still get nervous! Yes true my teachings were with Nouveau which was great but it was a day and then you are done! It would have been good to have had more time.

Yea possibly! I also like to make natural skin products that I use on myself so I might do more of this as I may be happier doing something where I put less pressure on myself. Thank you for your replies! :)

Latest posts

Back