Did you know....???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consumer Mags Talking Nails

• 'A' List Mags - Harpers, Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Instyle etc

Votes: 52 41.6%
  • 'B' List Mags - Hello, OK, Heat, Now, 'B', etc

Votes: 55 44.0%
  • 'C' List Mags - Woman, Womens Realm etc

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Weeklies - Style, You, DT Mag etc

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
.....that the consumer beauty market has grown 50% since last year alone? This has been primarily due to what our consumer magazine editors have to say about beauty products...

Whether or not they work :idea:
Whether they themselves like the product :shock:
Which celebrity loves and uses the product :?: 8)

I just wondered which consumer magazines you all enjoyed and which ones you felt gave 'nails' natural OR enhanced, the credit they so deserve!! Look forward to hearing from ya'll!!

I have found that Nail varnishes feature big in most magazines.
Not so much as to the systems i.e. Gels, fibre/silk or L&P.
They usualy talk about. J-lo uses this colour and Halle Berry that colour, but they rarely seem to say, so and so is wearing extension created by.....
but then maybe I am not reading the right Mags. Usualy trade ones lol.

But then again Leighton Denny is talk of the St. Tropez set doing Nails for Joan Collins aso.
There was even an article in the Times about how much his nails are worth as he uses real gemstones and diamonds for his nail art.
Well over £ 16.000 for a set lol.
How did he get to be so big in Nails ???
Any tips??????

love Ruth xxxx

P.S. thats not a kink in the index finger, it's the way the colour makes it look.........................only just noticed that...............

Attachments

• hpw55.jpg
    hpw55.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 109
Ruth

I just love those tie die nails, can you please tell me how to get that effect.....nail arts not my thing but i just have to try doing that!

Ruth show us more.....your nails are TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Oh if only I could do nails like that :(

I don't think there is nearly enough 'nails', natural or otherwise, in the 'A' magazines and far too many 'bad' nails in the 'B' magazines!

Cool colour, Ruth - very summery!!!

Kx

Well thanks girls for your nice comments about the tie dye nails.
They are dead easy to do. will put a post up in the chatter part of the board, on how to do them.
Thanks again
love Ruth :D
You have all made my night now ;)

Mrs Geek said:
.....that the consumer beauty market has grown 50% since last year alone? This has been primarily due to what our consumer magazine editors have to say about beauty products...

Whether or not they work :idea:
Whether they themselves like the product :shock:
Which celebrity loves and uses the product :?: 8)

I just wondered which consumer magazines you all enjoyed and which ones you felt gave 'nails' natural OR enhanced, the credit they so deserve!! Look forward to hearing from ya'll!!

I'm lucky enough to work in all the A list mags and many of the others and know most of the main beauty journalists. Am probably not saying what any of you want to hear but, without exception, the journos are very dubious about artificial nails. They have all had bad experiences but try very hard to write positive things. The reason they write about polishes is because this is the easiest option!
I do my best to convince them that artificial nails are not damaging (in the right hands so to speak!) but it is difficult when they all have such (personal) horror stories.
I am hatching a plan to try to bring the best side of the industry to the attention of the media and, after talking to just one of the A listers, think i can get the necessary support.
The media is where all of your new clients will come from so they must be made to understand what it is all about. The more unusual approaches certainly attract attention but also encourage a very big chunk of the media to believe that the 'footballers wives' look truly represents the industry. We all know this is just a small part and great looking, strong nails, whether natural or artificial, are what its really all about.
Watch this space.
Marian Newman

hiya marion!
so great to see your name on the board!
your name is one i look out for in the mags.
you & a few others have worked hard to pave the way for tech's like me to get into media work.
looking forward to hearing your plan!
liza xx

i did see leightons big debut on st tropez uncovered!i used to work with him when he had his salon in Bradford many years ago.Clients loved him as he has the gift of the gab

Latest posts

Back