Did you name your new family edition before it arrived??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Collin! I think it's best to have the names ready as emotions and hormones can run high and you could end up calling the baby something you'll later regret.

Thanks Kim:hug:

Hormones....unlike you ladies us toms dont have these problems....fur balls...well thats a completly different matter of course ...cough cough :eek::lol::lol::Grope:

Last edited:
that reminds me ....I must give my bump of a beer belly a name .:eek::eek::hug:

Actually Elle is the name were thinking of calling her :Love:...spookey :eek::hug:

I love Ella, Lily, Mae, Emily... I'm sure you get the idea :p

With my girl, Freya was the only name we could agree on. We had a few boys names chosen too, just in case.

Congrats and good luck!

I knew i was having a boy both times so we had afew names we actually agreed on and waited to see what suited. I find it abit odd when babies have names before they're born, probably coz mine wriggled and poked their feet and elbows out so much i was convinced i was carrying an alien haha its nice to have that element of suprise i think, getting to tell people the name at the same time you tell them the baby has arrived with their weight and all that. Im an odd individual tho, not calling anyone who named their bump a weirdo, just not my cuppa tea!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

We decided if we ever had a girl we would call her lily as on the flight to our honeymoon we got lily o'brien chocolates, our surname is o'brien.

On our first wedding anniversary our little girl was born and we named her lily....she def suits it and couldn't imagine her being called anything else!

Good luck when your little one arrives xxx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

We named our first three way before due date. But by the time we got to number four we had ran out of names! Penelope was nameless for a couple of weeks :-( x

Collin, you are such a wined up merchant, I'm still not sure if you are talking about a human baby or a fur baby.
Human baby, we always picked the names before the kids arrived.
Fur babies, Paul picks the names and it's after we get them, we like to see what their character is like and find a name that reflects it.
Where have you been for the last few months and hows your better half?
xx

I love Ella, Lily, Mae, Emily... I'm sure you get the idea :p

With my girl, Freya was the only name we could agree on. We had a few boys names chosen too, just in case.

Congrats and good luck!

We called our second daughter Freya but it did take us 8 days after she was born to decide. It really suits her. She's 4 now and I've started calling her "Freyletta" and "Freyling". She use to just be "the Frey". We're a bit mad in our house.

First daughter is Charlotte. Now 10. We couldn't decide between Katie and Charlotte so we asked the midwife who delivered her. She said that she's definitely a Charlotte. She had a posh cry, it went "la la la" instead of "waaaa!"

We called our second daughter Freya but it did take us 8 days after she was born to decide. It really suits her. She's 4 now and I've started calling her "Freyletta" and "Freyling". She use to just be "the Frey". We're a bit mad in our house.

First daughter is Charlotte. Now 10. We couldn't decide between Katie and Charlotte so we asked the midwife who delivered her. She said that she's definitely a Charlotte. She had a posh cry, it went "la la la" instead of "waaaa!"
Mine is five now, and is also 'the frey'... or monster sometimes :lol:

LoL! That's funny! Charlotte is a lovely name. It's funny how they just look/act like a certain name, isn't it.

Mine is five now, and is also 'the frey'... or monster sometimes :lol:

LoL! That's funny! Charlotte is a lovely name. It's funny how they just look/act like a certain name, isn't it.
In Norse mythology, Frey is the brother to Freya :)

We decided if we ever had a girl we would call her lily as on the flight to our honeymoon we got lily o'brien chocolates, our surname is o'brien.

On our first wedding anniversary our little girl was born and we named her lily....she def suits it and couldn't imagine her being called anything else!

lovely story :hug:

I didn't know what I was having so had Leah for a girl and Bailey for a boy though when baby arrived he was a boy and named him Kieran bailey. Though for days after I wasn't sure now he's nearly 7 and suits his name lol. Don't worry my bro had to get an extension when his wee boy was born as after three weeks Ayden had no name lol congratulations for your new arrival x

Lovely romantic story and sure lily will think do too when older x

Collin, you are such a wined up merchant
xx

wined up merchant for sure...onto my third glass already...hick :eek::lol::lol::lol::hug:

Last edited:
wined up merchant for sure...onto my third glass already...hick :eek::lol::lol::lol::hug:
yep, the spelling was on purpose, and I notice you've dodged the question:cool:

When I was at primary school and my mum was due with my little sister (didn't know she was going to be a girl) my parents had decided she was going to be Alice if she was a girl, so when we got the call at school to be told she'd had the baby and it was a girl, myself and my other sisters went round and told everyone we had a new sister and she was called Alice.
When we went to the hospital after school we were introduced to our new little sister... Megan!

They decided that she didn't look delicate enough to be an Alice, as she was little and round with a bright red face and looked like a welsh milkmaid!!

And I can tell you that 17 years on she is definitely Megan!!

My bumps :)eek:) were always called HimShe...My Hubbies Grandad named my bump so it stuck. My eldest is (20) is Zoe (which means Life), Imogen (18 - last daughter but she wasn't LOL), Phoebe (14 name of the moon), Oliver (11). My furbabies are Sam The Cat (16?) Paddy (7 dog) Lolly (4 bitch) and I recently lost my Best Friend Rufus (dog) :cry:

So if there are not enough names there :wink2: I would google!

Enjoy!

I was always a fan of basketball and thought Michael Jordan was the greatest player. When I met my Hubby at 13 we used to sit and watch MJ playing si decided that if ever we had a child we would call them Jordan no matter what sex. At 15 I got told I couldn't have kids after an accident and then at 19 fell pregnant with my little girl who suited Jordan perfectly. Then I fell pregnant with my little man and decided if one was called after a great sporting hero then so will this one and as I had always liked lennox lewis my little man got Lennox and now I couldn't imagine them called anything else (well nothing I can write on here lol). It was the middle name for my daughter I found hardest. X

Sent from my MB525 using SalonGeek

Congratulations! Some lovely stories on here :0)

Hubby and me never agree on anything lol so we had to try and find names we both liked. For my daughter we both wrote lists and there was only one name we both liked. Then the same happened for our son!

Thankfully they both suit their names.
Best of luck with everything x

when i had my first baby everyone asked ...well was it a boy or a megan? she was born the day before paddy's day so she was nearly a patricia according to hubby. but from the minute i knew i was preggers it was megan.

Congratulations! Some lovely stories on here :0)

Hubby and me never agree on anything lol so we had to try and find names we both liked. For my daughter we both wrote lists and there was only one name we both liked. Then the same happened for our son!

Thankfully they both suit their names.
Best of luck with everything x

and the chosen names were ??

Latest posts

Back