Did you name your new family edition before it arrived??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Im due a new edition to the family household on Saturday if all goes well and simply cant wait :biggrin:
We know she is a little girl but whilst we have some names in our minds eye were wondering weather to hold back giving her a name until she comes along.
What might seem a nice name may simply not suit .

So peeps ...what did you do?

Did you come up with a name before hand or did you wait?
For those of you who did choose a name before hand...did the name suit in the end

Would love to get your thoughts on this

Well im off to the offlicence for some big fat Cigars:biggrin:

Well.....my new arrival was totally unexpected, so no chance to choose beforehand.
Wanted an old-fashioned name. Thought of Mabel;already taken. Audrey; OH said no.
Settled for Elsie. She's gorgeous.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations hope your little girl arrives on time. As we didn't know the sex & didn't have any idea of names we actually picked one of each whilst I was in labour.

I'm now 5 months pregnant again & have no idea of either boy or girls name. So exciting but scary at the same time. Our first was a little boy.... Ollie :)

I didnt no if i was having a girl or boy so had Ellie for a girl and Elliot for a boy and i had a lovely daughter, i called my bump poochie as had to be called something.
Very exiting for you:Dxx

ps yes she suits the name i call her Elle

First off, congratulations!

My recommendation, have a few fave names picked out appropriate for a little girl. When you see her and hold her, you'll know which one is the right one or whether any of them is right at all.

You better post pics.

Awwwh Colin.. it's so good to see you back!!

We all missed you and that swishy tail of yours :) :hug:

So exciting news eh?

I think you have to pick a few names and then when you see the new arrival (I'm assuming your talking about a baby here and not a cat?) you just seem to know.

I was told by so many people that I was having a little girl... countless people would tell me that they knew it was a girl by my bump (what a load of old rubbish) but because I was told by so many people, I kind of got it into my head I was having a girl (even though I secretly wanted a boy), so I had about 10 girls names picked and only two boys names.

I had a little boy and went with both names for him... thank God he wasn't a girl because I'd still be deciding on a name! :lol:

I hope it all goes well :hug:

I didnt no if i was having a girl or boy so had Ellie for a girl and Elliot for a boy and i had a lovely daughter, i called my bump poochie as had to be called something.
Very exiting for you:Dxx

ps yes she suits the name i call her Elle
that reminds me ....I must give my bump of a beer belly a name .:eek::eek::hug:

Actually Elle is the name were thinking of calling her :Love:...spookey :eek::hug:

what you mean in 9 months you didnt notice a bump :eek::lol::lol::hug:
Nice name by the way ....

Ha-ha!
Are we on the same page? Or have I been an idiot? (Not the first time!)

that reminds me ....I must give my bump of a beer belly a name .:eek::eek::hug:

Actually Elle is the name were thinking of calling her :Love:...spookey :eek::hug:
haha all bumps need a name :)
I loved lily as that was my great grandma's name but i lived in Liverpool when i had her and everyone shortened names down there and lily savage was around at the time so when someone said she will be lil i thought hmm not sure as also li lo lil!
Hmmm hope that makes sense:rolleyes: She loves Elle as its like Elle woods from legally blonde! x

Im confused are we talking babies or furbabies?

Babies..... well hubby and i picked the name before our little man was born. We knew very early on that we were having a boy because we had to go through a CVS to find out if our little guy had downs. He didnt, but when they took the sample they were able to tell us he was a boy. I remember through the 2 week wait we had for the cvs results to come back i talked to my 14 week bump willing him/her to be ok. I guess i bonded with bubs earlier than i imagined so when we decided to call him samuel from 16 weeks he was always going to be samuel.

Furbabies..... this is somewhat linked to above. i always wanted to call my first child alfie. hubby had his heart set on tank. we ended up with a labrador puppy and tank just didnt suit at all. think more scooby doo and santas little helper in personality. hubby said why dont we call him alfie, he did and does look like an alfie and ok it took the name away from our first baby but we werent planning on having kids for years....... or so we thought. 3 days later i found out i was pregnant. so there we were..... one mental labrador puppy, 8 weeks preggers and no name for my new baby!

That said in my second paragraph our sam/samuel/sammy/sam-sam just doesnt look like an alfie. why? well one he's not a hairy yellow lab but more importantly that little peanut inside was always going to be a samuel.

i think to answer your question colin when your new arrival comes youll know instantly what they will be.

love n hugs and enjoy xxx

Awwwh Colin.. it's so good to see you back!!

We all missed you and that swishy tail of yours :) :hug: :hug:

You might just regret saying that :evil::wink2::biggrin::Love:

We had a boy & girl name picked out first time as we didn't know what we were having, we had a girl first, lucy so when we were expecting again we chose the boys name from the first time round as we loved it & we had a boy & he's George.
Their names suit them really well x
Congratulations x

Ha-ha!

Ahhh bless :hug:
At the rate this thread is going we most definatley wont be on the same page ...were heading for page two already :wink2::lol::lol::lol::Kissing:

Congratulations Collin! I think it's best to have the names ready as emotions and hormones can run high and you could end up calling the baby something you'll later regret.

Ha-ha!

Opps page two already...were definatley not on the same page now :wink2::lol::lol::hug:

Ahhh bless :hug:
At the rate this thread is going we most definatley wont be on the same page ...were heading for page two already :wink2::lol::lol::lol::Kissing:

Now, don't you wag your tail at me- that's what caused my slight confusion in the first place - I am a very old lady, don't you know? :biggrin: Page 2, what's that?:suprised:

OK I'll start again......

Write down all the names you like.
Google the websites.
Then....most important of all.....DON'T choose after you've had that first celebratory drink or six.

Ooh! This is so exciting. So thrilled for you! xx

Latest posts

Back