Didn't use primer on acrylics!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kays_acrylicsox

Reaction score
Just done a ladys nails - and come back to me when thinking through what I did (have been doing nails 2 years now!) I forgot to use primer! I use the NSI system, prepped nails removed shine applied pure plus(dehydrator) glued tips and applied acrylic, forgot primer :/ do you think this will deffinatly make them ping / lift off etc :/ I never have a problem with anything feel so mad at myself can't believe I didn't use it and hoping should they still last her ok not sure whether to message her?

Last edited:
I'm still training, but the first time I practised acrylics on myself I decided not to use primer, in the hope that they would just pop off once I'd finished, rather than having to soak them off. They didn't come off. I had to soak them off!

Thank you ! I hope this the case !

I use Cnd not sure similarities between the two products though cnd primer acts as a double sided sticky tape and helps fight bacteria from growing. It is not essential to use so you should be fine hun. Youve dehydrated the nail so they should be 100% if she calls with any problems say in next two weeks say no problem I'll replace free of charge and I'll apply some primer it may be that your have naturally oily nail beds x

Thank you deb there probably is differences in the two systems this has reassured me a little though:) and appreciate your suggestion of how to handle it if there not ok :/ think we're perfectionists arnt we hope they last well abs like you say will fix them ASAP for her if not, without primer with your CND do you still find nails last for clients for 2/3 weeks? (Appologies if silly question not familiar with anything but NSI for acrylic)

Hi I use NSI system and if you don't use the primer I am afraid it lifts :( done it once defo on a client and was so embarrassed when she called the next day!

Oh gosh :| thank you for letting me know would you contact her? or if she calls appologise of course and fix ASAP? will it be all the nails you think? Of course if they all need to be done I will so obvs free of charge just feel let her down as what an inconvenience of her time too :(

Yeah nails are perfect for 2-3 weeks I have clients that nails last 4-5 weeks and the both have full time hard working jobs. No problem at all. Don't worry about it. It'll be fine and your know how to fix it if there was to be any problems. As long as my prep carry out and nail dehydrated no need for primer X

Thank you, really :)

And good on you! Keep up the great work x

I did this about 3 weeks ago, I only primed one hand. I waited for the dreaded phone call but nothing! Went to do her 2 week infill and all on and looking fine. Try not to worry to much I'm sure it will be fine xx

I did this about 3 weeks ago, I only primed one hand. I waited for the dreaded phone call but nothing! Went to do her 2 week infill and all on and looking fine. Try not to worry to much I'm sure it will be fine xx

real hoping so thanku:)

The system I use I am supposed to double prime, I forgot once actually I was mobile at the time and I think i left it at home for some reason so I didn't say anything but I was freaking out but thought if she contacted me I would go out there and do them again for free...3 weeks later for her next appointment they were fine! I was really surprised! so I think you will be fine but if she does contact you then just do them again no charge :)

The system I use I am supposed to double prime, I forgot once actually I was mobile at the time and I think i left it at home for some reason so I didn't say anything but I was freaking out but thought if she contacted me I would go out there and do them again for free...3 weeks later for her next appointment they were fine! I was really surprised! so I think you will be fine but if she does contact you then just do them again no charge :)

Thank you- love your pic btw <3

I just did your mistake today im so worried can you tell me if the nails stayed when you forgot the primer

I've done this before - bit of lifting but nothing major, don't worry too much x

Thanks dear hopefully as you think i was so worried had no idea how i managed to skip i

Latest posts

Back