Diet tips, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tammye1234

Reaction score
ive recently been laid off (my full time job) so since then im home most days doing my beauty-which is fab as i love it but seems being home i tend to pick more-hence putting on a few pounds eeek i know all the healthy eating etc but going away in a month so really hoping to loose it b 4 then so just wondering if any1 has any diet tips xx

Hi tammy a few of us have the myfitnesspal app on out phone - or you can do it on line... It's free you set your calorie goal for the day and track with others.. it's brill and makes you aware of what you eating xx

Hi tammy a few of us have the myfitnesspal app on out phone - or you can do it on line... It's free you set your calorie goal for the day and track with others.. it's brill and makes you aware of what you eating xx

I've just started using that to keep track of my current diet :) It's nice!
Tammye, it's not just eating healthy. To lose weight you have to reduce the amount of calories you're currently intaking, and squeeze in a bit of exercise(could be as easy as strapping on your iPod and walking briskly around the block for 20 minutes) to build muscles that will burn fat. It's also the little changes that help, too. Instead of sugar in your tea or coffee, use sweetener. Instead of normal pop drink diet, or good ol water. Light dairy and skim milk instead of full fat. I'm a serial snacker, myself. I tend to keep around a lot of pre cut veggies instead of my usual salty pretzels and Pringles. I think diets like the South Beach or Dukan are great for people who snack because they have an "unlimited amount" list, and the first 2 weeks' results are always huge if done right. :)

I've just started using that to keep track of my current diet :) It's nice!
Tammye, it's not just eating healthy. To lose weight you have to reduce the amount of calories you're currently intaking, and squeeze in a bit of exercise(could be as easy as strapping on your iPod and walking briskly around the block for 20 minutes) to build muscles that will burn fat. It's also the little changes that help, too. Instead of sugar in your tea or coffee, use sweetener. Instead of normal pop drink diet, or good ol water. Light dairy and skim milk instead of full fat. I'm a serial snacker, myself. I tend to keep around a lot of pre cut veggies instead of my usual salty pretzels and Pringles. I think diets like the South Beach or Dukan are great for people who snack because they have an "unlimited amount" list, and the first 2 weeks' results are always huge if done right. :)

What's your username I'll add you - although I'm bad at mo ;)

What's your username I'll add you - although I'm bad at mo ;)

It's bphandara :) just downloaded it yesterday and been on it like crazy! But my rule is not to get on a scale til end of the week haha

The formula for weight loss is simple: calories out have to exceed calories in. The hard part (for me, anyway) is limiting the intake.

I've struggled most of my life to lose weight. I am most successful when:

I limit my calorie intake to 1200 to 1550
I walk for an hour several times a week
I drink 8 8 oz. glasses of water a day

I'm not on a diet. My client brought me McDonald's yesterday as a 'treat'. Well, I totaled up the calorie count from that 'treat' (dare I say, :eek:) and ate light the rest of the day, keeping within my calorie allowance. I also went to the track and walked for an hour.

I'm going to eat MOSTLY healthy but if I want ice cream or something, I'll eat it but make sure I add it to my daily intake.

Best of luck to you!

The formula for weight loss is simple: calories out have to exceed calories in. The hard part (for me, anyway) is limiting the intake.

I've struggled most of my life to lose weight. I am most successful when:

I limit my calorie intake to 1200 to 1550
I walk for an hour several times a week
I drink 8 8 oz. glasses of water a day

I'm not on a diet. My client brought me McDonald's yesterday as a 'treat'. Well, I totaled up the calorie count from that 'treat' (dare I say, :eek:) and ate light the rest of the day, keeping within my calorie allowance. I also went to the track and walked for an hour.

I'm going to eat MOSTLY healthy but if I want ice cream or something, I'll eat it but make sure I add it to my daily intake.

Best of luck to you!

See? If my personal trainer friend could get more clients like you, he'd be a happy camper! From his stories, most of his clients can't seem to understand the whole calories part. I remember reading awhile back ago, some professor at a university somewhere ate junk food for a week or so but didn't gain any weight cuz he stuck to his 2000 cals/day limit. :lol: I couldn't do that though... Too much sugar and sodium for me!

Im doing slimming world. Alot of friends have had great success and my mum. Ive joined whenever ive needed to lose a few pounds and always loved it.

I joined 14 days ago, lost 10lb in total. Hoping to get atleast 4 off next week to make it a stone in 3 wks.

So easy to follow and im constantly full on it. I also go to the gym alot so purely exercising doesnt always get a few pounds off, but combining both does.

Its easy to keep it off afterwards too as the things you can eat while on it are everday foods!!

X

I'm doing slimming world too. I find it really easy to follow, I'm never hungry, and I'm losing weight. Cant recommend it highly enough

Latest posts

Back