Difference between Bluesky Shellac and CND Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was, there is no need to be so rude to someone who tried out a product and bought it without realising it was the real deal. I have been in the industry a long time and still am able to give advice in a friendly way. I read it and thought "ouch, that was harsh" and I'm a hardened toughy!! We all need to remember that everyone can make a mistake, I'm sure we've all taken short cuts at times and then realised its not the best thing to do - surely a friendly response would have been better?! The last thing we want is people being too afraid to post on here for fear of being shot down and made to look stupid.

Why should I pussy foot around people who are not willing to do the research like everyone else.

It is stupid to buy from a non authorised supplier. It is stupid to use a product you have no knowledge about and then to say well it's still on and it's great.

Poster said they are a member here . There have been many many threads to say stay away from fake etc. The fact was the poster brought it and didn't say oh no my mistake I was trying to cut corners and this bluesky is rubbish.

Life isn't always nice so I'm sorry if i have upset you but I'm sick of this industry and the people in it. It's seriously going down, techs cutting corners here there and everywhere.

What if it started raining gumdrops? What if is a fairly pointless phrase, nothing bad did happen so it's not a major problem is it?

Your post is pointless. Exactly what I'm talking about. That's fine if you want to say it's ok to use these products but in my book it isn't and as a pro I never will and will never condone the use of these products to cut corners and save money. That's what sets the messers from the professionals though.

Was just adding to my point, which was there is no need to be so harsh to other posters. And as a professional I'm not condoning the use of fake products by any means but this posters comment was not 'I bought this to cut corners and trick clients' so I really didn't see the need to jump down her throat and belittle her.

Was just adding to my point, which was there is no need to be so harsh to other posters. And as a professional I'm not condoning the use of fake products by any means but this posters comment was not 'I bought this to cut corners and trick clients' so I really didn't see the need to jump down her throat and belittle her.

Well obviously she was out to cut corners because if she wanted to buy the true shellac then she would of got it from a authorised supplier not a dodgy website.she wouldn't of ended up with bluesky then would she?

She said in her post that she didn't know it was fake. Yes she should have done some research I'll give you that but she only bought one colour to try it. And after finding out it is fake hasn't used it since. Just seemed abit of an extreme reaction to someone making an innocent mistake is all.

thankyou to the girls that were understanding,to the other lady who is about to get the shellac police onto me...you seem to have more of a problem with the fact that i 'praised the bluesky 'to use your words.if id have tried it and slayted it im sure you wouldnt have reacted so aggresivly,rest assured i wont be posting again and will look elswere for advise..

My point exactly - Jolly Jack will probably never use Salon Geek again due to some people being rude and thoughtless to those with less experience.

Sorry Jolly Jack that you've had such a horrible experience, by no means should you be made to feel belittled, most people are really helpful and I'm sure you would be able to learn loads from 99% of people on this site.

This conversation has really disappointed me if I'm honest, no need for such aggression.

It is sad that you can't even have a conversation anymore without it getting out of hand. Making people feel stupid and un professional isn't big or clever and there is no need for it especially when answers can be given in a polite manner. Everyone should think before they answer.

There is a saying which may be fairly apt here... Something about catching and using vinegar vs sugar :)
I can appreciate the frustration of some about the knock off products but honestly manners come free... Not discounted, knock off or multi buy - free as the glorious sunshine...;) instead of frightening new posters into the next galaxy educate - don't berate...

Well said :) need a few more people like you on here :)
X

This thread has now run its course.

As has been mentioned many times before, professional products should acquired via authorised distributors firstly, to ensure that they are the genuine article and secondly, for insurance purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back