Difference between HD brows & brow tint/tidy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
Geeks,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between doing HD Brows on a client and an ordinary Eyebrow tint & tidy?

The reason I ask is because I have recently had HD Brows done myself and see no difference than if I had had them tinted and waxed/tweezed and pencilled in.

I have done brow training with Kim Lawless and so have been shown how to perfect the shape so what is the difference with regards tint, etc, as to me it seems that the tint is absolutely no different than what is normally used.

Your thoughts please.......

The HD Brow has a specific shape. It is a more angular shape.
Normally when we do brows, we work with what we have.
With HD, i kind of think of it as, drawing the shape in the brow and the hairs having to grow into that shape. It can take a few visits to get the HD Brow shape and the client will have to fill in their brows inbetween visits, until the desired shape is reached.
You can do this with regular tinting, waxing etc......, but you are buying into the brand as well.

Hi Josu

I fancied having HD brows a couple of months ago so found myself someone near me who did confirm that the tint used is identical to the one we use in eyelash and eyebrow tinting so would obviously wash off the skin within a few days.

When I explain to her that as a "more mature" person :), my eyebrows had been abused beyond belief in my earlier years and that I didnt think the missing ones at the ends would ever grow back to which she said that in that case semi permenant make up would be my answer, but I'm not ready to go down that route so have carried on as usual (good ole penciling in)

hth

Heather x

Anyone get good results with Christian eyebrow products from Calgel or Art Deco products with the stencils :confused:

Hey

Can I just add that the tint used is not the same as tint you buy from salon services etc. Also this tint, tints the skin and does last longer than other tints, obviously everyone is different. When I get my HD's done the tint lasts a good 2weeks on my hair anyway.

Hey

Can I just add that the tint used is not the same as tint you buy from salon services etc. Also this tint, tints the skin and does last longer than other tints, obviously everyone is different. When I get my HD's done the tint lasts a good 2weeks on my hair anyway.

What tint is it because when I did the training it was hairwell tint?

The HD Brow has a specific shape. It is a more angular shape.
Normally when we do brows, we work with what we have.
With HD, i kind of think of it as, drawing the shape in the brow and the hairs having to grow into that shape. It can take a few visits to get the HD Brow shape and the client will have to fill in their brows inbetween visits, until the desired shape is reached.
You can do this with regular tinting, waxing etc......, but you are buying into the brand as well.

What if they hardley have any brow to work with? And some clients once they have over plucked or waxed over the years can't seem to grow there brows back. What would you do in this case?

You just have to draw them in as best you can. I did my sisters brows yesterday and she has very thin brows. Now i'm really not very good at this treatment so she was quite a challenge-lol
I basically had to draw the shape in after waxing, tinting etc...
I did them too thick and didn't really get the shape but i knew if i had done them thinner they would have looked much better.
She didn't like them that thick so she just washed it off and her brows looked the same as when i started but darker!
I think the client really needs to be dedicated and they have to keep up with pencilling them in every day until their brows have grown.

You can only grow brows back if you have hair there to grow back. You can encourage the hair to grow by leaving them alone or using products designed for this, but if they don't work, then nothing will make them grow back.

So basically from what I gather, the treatment is not very successful or suitable for people who have very few hairs in their brow, who have been abusing them for years and will simply just not grow back??

I maybe have had too high expectations of the treatment/brand and personally feel that I would not pay a premium price to have them re-done every 2 weeks when I could have them tinted/tidied every fortnight for a fraction of the price. (my tint only lasted just under a week)

Granted the training involved for therapists sounds like it is second to none with only the best educators to guide you towards producing the perfect brow. However I can't help but feel the brand maybe slightly misleading and over-rated and may not really be suitable for a large percentage of our clients who have been over-zelous with their tweezing (you know who they are).

Surely as skilled therapists it is possible to produce the equivalent result using ordinary products and a different name at a fraction of the price?

So basically from what I gather, the treatment is not very successful or suitable for people who have very few hairs in their brow, who have been abusing them for years and will simply just not grow back??

I maybe have had too high expectations of the treatment/brand and personally feel that I would not pay a premium price to have them re-done every 2 weeks when I could have them tinted/tidied every fortnight for a fraction of the price. (my tint only lasted just under a week)

Granted the training involved for therapists sounds like it is second to none with only the best educators to guide you towards producing the perfect brow. However I can't help but feel the brand maybe slightly misleading and over-rated and may not really be suitable for a large percentage of our clients who have been over-zelous with their tweezing (you know who they are).

Surely as skilled therapists it is possible to produce the equivalent result using ordinary products and a different name at a fraction of the price?

Mmm, I think I agree with you on this one. I have built up a very loyal clientele for eyebrow waxing, tweezing and tinting over the years and the reason they come back to me is because they love the results they get when I have done their brows. I have a number of clients who. no matter what they do, their eyebrows just wont grow so yes I do think it is possible to produce the equivelant result using ordinary products. Most clients haven't got the time to do their own brows inbetween salon visits or just can't do them that is why they go the salon.:)

Geeks,

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between doing HD Brows on a client and an ordinary Eyebrow tint & tidy?

The reason I ask is because I have recently had HD Brows done myself and see no difference than if I had had them tinted and waxed/tweezed and pencilled in.

I have done brow training with Kim Lawless and so have been shown how to perfect the shape so what is the difference with regards tint, etc, as to me it seems that the tint is absolutely no different than what is normally used.

Your thoughts please.......

Looks like you did NOT have correct HD Brows, as I have said in the past all the steps have to be used every time, threading is always used. I would report them if I had there name......

Why? because they are doing a disservice to the best brows, they should sit back on the training as well.

Oh and I would like to say, have you noticed the brows getting better and better on the X Factor as weeks go on..... (even Cher Lloyd's are changing) they are all getting the HD Brow treatment, I have this first hand. Look at old pictures when they first auditioned and look now!

The celebs on there too!

Its nothing like any other brow training, I personally feel until you have been on it you dont know how to shape, who ever you are!

Su x

Looks like you did NOT have correct HD Brows, as I have said in the past all the steps have to be used every time, threading is always used. I would report them if I had there name......

Why? because they are doing a disservice to the best brows, they should sit back on the training as well.

Oh and I would like to say, have you noticed the brows getting better and better on the X Factor as weeks go on..... (even Cher Lloyd's are changing) they are all getting the HD Brow treatment, I have this first hand. Look at old pictures when they first auditioned and look now!

The celebs on there too!

Its nothing like any other brow training, I personally feel until you have been on it you dont know how to shape, who ever you are!

Su x

The brows on the X Factor are obviously make up done by a skilled make up artist. That's apparent as when you see the celebs in pics offstage, their brows are not as defined. The brows are changing because when we first saw them, they had no make up on them.

Just found this: http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/star-s...x-factor-s-cher-lloyd-grows-her-brows-back/1/

Last edited:
I have 100% proof that the HD brow team have been on the Xfactor, you really should not read into the glossy facts, (unless they are the right ones!!) but get more hard core proof.

I can assure you that one of the top artist have been doing this (Hd stylist Yasmina Bentaieb has done all xfactor contestants brows) and so has Nilam patel, personally every Saturday.

The tale of Cher's brows | heatworld.com

Just a little before and after for you....

All will be released in the X factor official magazine soon......

Su x

Hi to all

For starters, anyone who has not done the HD training does not have the right to comment.
It is not just a course that teaches you to wax and tint eyebrows, it teaches you how to recognise face shapes and enhance features using whole eyebrow re-shaping.

HD brows stand for high definition brows which are achieved through a combination of seven steps or all seven steps. Not all clients will be suitable to have all the seven steps, clients with certain medical conditions or on certain medications may not be able to have certain parts of the treatment done, in this case We would achieve the HD look to the best of our ability.

HD's are a brow treatment process so alot of our clients have to do some growing in however part of the HD treatment is showing clients make up techniques which make growing in eyebrows easier for them. Our clients are over whelmed with the treatment and return every 3-4 weeks to have them redone.

Just to add JoSu had all seven steps done, as mentioned at the appointment, she has lovely angular eyebrows anyway so wouldn't of seen much difference, which was made clear. The brows were sharply defined,

I have 100% proof that the HD brow team have been on the Xfactor, you really should not read into the glossy facts, (unless they are the right ones!!) but get more hard core proof.

I can assure you that one of the top artist have been doing this (Hd stylist Yasmina Bentaieb has done all xfactor contestants brows) and so has Nilam patel, personally every Saturday.

The tale of Cher's brows | heatworld.com

Just a little before and after for you....

All will be released in the X factor official magazine soon......

Su x

Cher's been HD'd! I just knew it. From her first audition, I could see the potential, wanted to HD her myself. Every week their getting better and better, go Nilam!

Cher's been HD'd! I just knew it. From her first audition, I could see the potential, wanted to HD her myself. Every week their getting better and better, go Nilam!

Yep hun the lot of them, that is why the shape is changing.... well believe me or believe..............................

xxxx

Yep hun the lot of them, that is why the shape is changing.... well believe me or believe..............................

xxxx

This is what people don't get about HD's, it can be a process at times and takes a few treatments to get there. I love nothing more than having a client come in with thin over plucked brows and as their treatment progresses over the weeks, the change is amazing, they always say if it hadn't been for the HD treatment, they would never of been able to leave them to grow. From day one of doing HD's to now, i'm still amazed

That's me told then!!!!! Pmsl

This is what people don't get about HD's, it can be a process at times and takes a few treatments to get there. I love nothing more than having a client come in with thin over plucked brows and as their treatment progresses over the weeks, the change is amazing, they always say if it hadn't been for the HD treatment, they would never of been able to leave them to grow. From day one of doing HD's to now, i'm still amazed

I still don't get it though. I have over plucked eyebrows, that don't grow back. so how can I get a nice arch shaped thicker looking brow? I can tint and pencil them in. Threading, waxing, tweezing won't help me, as i've nothing much to thread, wax or tweeze. Does the tint cover the skin then as well as what little brow there is? I would be more than happy to pay for this service. Even Katie Price has admitted to having semi permanent make-up on her eyebrows even though she did the HD training.

I think I will have to find an HD brow expert in my area and get the treatment myself, but will they still charge me the full price if they have nothing to thread, wax..........:|

Latest posts

Back