Difference between mink and silk lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asteropi

Reaction score
I've only trained a little while ago and have only used silk ones so far. My technique is still developing and I'm getting better with every set I make.
So what's the difference from the mink ones (artificial mink, I don't support genuine mink)? Are they lighter, softer, more matt? Is it worth investing in some as I don't do too many yet

To my knowledge: I got told by the one rep years ago. So I may be wrong .

You get those scratchy cheap nylon nails which students use or those cheaper dolls have stuck on them.
Then you get the silk meaning the silk is heavier and also softer to the touch silken, then the mink is a mixture of both making it more practice.

Silk lashes due to the way they are made can sometimes not stay as long as your nylon lashes , which are more porous, so hence mixture.

Anyhow I could be completely wrong but that is what the one rep told me like years ago. It sounded good so I tried them and quite liked them.

I've never used nylon. I trained with silk and that's what I currently use.
I'm just wondering whether I should invest in mink or not. I can't find a decent company here selling mixed trays, so I would have to get solo trays and that's gonna be costly. I guess I'll give them a try and see for myself

Latest posts

Back