Difference Between Nail Envy & Toughen Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I have heard bad things about some nail strengtheners in which you have to re-apply daily and so on, and have steared clear of that, because it can leave the nails in a worse condition after use.. I use CND Toughen Up.. I have never used OPI Nail Envy, but heard you have to re-apply it.. So therefor I have never used it.. But I see a lot of people swearing by it..

So is Nail Envy just strong and protective, and does nothing for the natural nail?
Does Nail Envy strengthen the natural nail as they claim it does?
Does Nail Envy do the same thing as Toughen up and create a cross link layer for strength.

If it is as good as people say, I would love to use it, but if it is going to do nothing for my clients I won't. I just don't know!!

Any help would be awesome, thanks!!

great question - sorry i haven't got the answer - just waiting for one of the informed geeks to enlighten us!!

Anyone? Anything?

I can only speak from mine and some other peoples views on nail envy original and that is ,it is very good for a while.
Yes you apply it everyday at first and then remove it and start again.What i found as have others is that there comes a point when it starts to peel off taking layers of your own nail with it.I presume this is why they have now brought out all different types of nail envy for different problems.Also maybe using the avoplex oil, which they recommend, as part of your growth routine may prevent the dryness and peeling.

Thank you. I have worried about that part of it, maybe damaging the natural nails.. I have asked a fellow cosmo and she said its awesome and has no problems but she really knows nothing about nails, she's does mainly hair.. So thank you..

Neither me or my clients have any problems with nail envy :) But i think as with most strengtheners they only work while they are on the nails. Remove that 'armour' and the nails return to normal. But with that coat protecting the nail, it prevents peeling and breakages, while the nail continues to grow. One of the envys i think its sensitive and peeling, is Formaldehyde-free, so its good for those with sensitive nail problems, like clients who have maybe ripped or caught an enhancement, or even pulled it off (we hope not though!) it doesnt cause extra sensitivity to a damaged nail when they use it. All the envys have a cross linking protein as well as different added ingredients to help benefit their specific nail problems.

Hope this helps xx

i trained with opi and never had any problems wiv it, they now have versions for different nail types and the stregnths and ingredients change wiv each type.

you do need to stick the the routine and remove it on day 7 and re apply but the suggested routine is to start on orginal until you finish the bottle after which time you will be able to switch to one of the other formula's the original version is the strongest.

But beware if you have really damged nails, the soft and peeling version is advised for those clients.

hope this helps

Thank you all so much, this is very helpful. I will being trying some..

Neither me or my clients have any problems with nail envy :) But i think as with most strengtheners they only work while they are on the nails. Remove that 'armour' and the nails return to normal. But with that coat protecting the nail, it prevents peeling and breakages, while the nail continues to grow.

Absolutely.

OPI Nail Envy is a wonderful product, never had any trouble with it. It is the only strengthener I have ever found that worked. hth x

Latest posts

Back