Difference between primers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Hi all have just been reading some old posts, and came across quite a few times about primers can someone plz tell me the differece between Acid free primer and Acidic primer and what there uses r for

In a nutshell:
Acidic primers create a hydrogen bond between the natural nail plate and an enhancment and removes oil (often over used as a prep tool which can be dangerous)
Acid Free Primer (CND's) creates a covalent bond (twice as strong) but requires you to actually prep the nail as it doesnt remove oil.

Try this-> http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2699

The Nail Geek said:
In a nutshell:
Acidic primers create a hydrogen bond between the natural nail plate and an enhancment and removes oil (often over used as a prep tool which can be dangerous)
Acid Free Primer (CND's) creates a covalent bond (twice as strong) but requires you to actually prep the nail as it doesnt remove oil.

Try this-> http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2699
Thank-you Master Geek but i still have a problem with oil on nail plate around cuticle area (well i think its oil)
My prep is
Sanitize clients and my own hands, cuticle eraser, scrubfresh, shorten nails, scrubfresh, remove cuticle, swerve the curve, scrubfresh, measure tip & take out well, scrubfresh, apply creative Acid free primer in (blue bottle) to cuticle area only. I then proceed to applying l&p to all 3 zones. When i go onto to next nail i look at the previous nail and can c either oiliness or somesort of shininess and it seams as though i have not applied any acrylic, Can u shed some light on this for me please?

Is Creative's Acid Free Primer compatible with EZ Flow Acrylics?

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

Technically it should be... but you always get best performance staying within a system ;)

Hi
I get a similar thing with one client of mine who has really cold hands, I worked out the problem was with my mix ratio and I was working too wet - try working a bit drier in Zone 3 and see how you go

HTH

Tina
xx

Thnx for that will try next time

hi jackie, we do actually advise an acid based primer rather than an acid free as it does work better with ezflow. we used to have an acid free primer available but, well, it didnt work!!!!

if you use an acid based primer very sparingly - drain your brush well on a nail wipe first - you shouldnt have any concerns, its when you use the brush straight from the bottle and dont treat it with the respect it deserves problems can start!!!!!

BTW, we advise two VERY THIN coats of primer though if you have someone with normal/dry nail plates one coat, used after your ezbond, should be fine.

saying that if you really want to switch to an acid free go ahead and give it a go, let me know how it goes.

antony

Thanks for your help Ant & Sam. ;)

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin

JackieMc said:
Thanks for your help Ant & Sam. ;)

Jackie
Liberty Nail Design
Dublin
ACK! I had pictures of Antony and I hosting 'Im a celebrity get me out of here' rushing through my head when you said that :lol: :lol: :lol:

:biggrin: i think we'd be quite good at it actually!!!!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back