difference between systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretty pink

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am just typing up some new price lists for my mobile business, was going to do a leaflet drop. I have now completed my Ez Flow acrylic so just updating them.
I was thinking of putting a little explanation about each system and then the prices of new sets and fills under each explanation. I just wanted to run past you guys, if there is anything I have left out or anything incorrect, please let me know:

Liquid & Powder.

More commonly known as 'acrylic' this is a strong and durable system. The sculptured nail enhancment will have a more opaque look than gel, available in pink and white (for that permanant french look), natural or glitter.

Fibreglass/Silk.

This is the most natural looking of nail enhancements, easy to remove and the kindest to the natural nail. For more strength you can always opt for a set of double layer of fibregalss. These are also suitable for wrapping your own natural nails, this is where the fibreglass is applied to the natural nail only, without a tip to extend it.

Gel.

This is slightly more durable than fibreglass and suitable for ladies who's hands are in water a lot, i.e hairdressers and who are more heavyhanded. Gel has a more translucent look than liquid & powder and is cured with a UV lamp. However these cannot be soaked off in acetone, they must be buffed off.

Many thanks for all your help!!

x x x x x x

Hi everyone,

I am just typing up some new price lists for my mobile business, was going to do a leaflet drop. I have now completed my Ez Flow acrylic so just updating them.
I was thinking of putting a little explanation about each system and then the prices of new sets and fills under each explanation. I just wanted to run past you guys, if there is anything I have left out or anything incorrect, please let me know:

Liquid & Powder.

More commonly known as 'acrylic' this is a strong and durable system which suits all nail types. The sculpted nail enhancment will have a more opaque look than gel, available in pink and white (for that permanant french look), natural or glitter.

Don't know what system you are using, but there should be no difference to the look whether it be gel or L&P. It certainly should not look opaque.

Fibreglass/Silk.

This is the most natural looking of nail enhancements, easy to remove and the kindest to the natural nail. For more strength you can always opt for a set of double layer of fibregalss. These are also suitable for wrapping your own natural nails, this is where the fibreglass is applied to the natural nail only, without a tip to extend it. Fiberglass wraps are no kinder to hte natural nail than any other system. No nail system is kinder than another and it is misleading your clients to tell them so.

Gel.

This is slightly more durable than fibreglass and suitable for ladies who's hands are in water a lot, i.e hairdressers and who are more heavyhanded. Gel has a more translucent look than liquid & powder and is cured with a UV lamp. However these cannot be soaked off in acetone, they must be buffed off.

I know hairdressers that wear L&P constantly and never have a problem having their hands in water. I again think this is mileading your clients.

Many thanks for all your help!!

x x x x x x

I'm sorry, but I think thereis allot of misinformation in this leaflet.

I never sell one system over another re strength or the look because it is very hard to tell a difference in the look of any of them and the difference in strength is minimal.

I use all systems merely to accommodate the people who know what they want. Otherwise I use L&P 99% of the time.

Blimey, good job I asked you guys!! This info (esp about the fibreglass being kind to natural nail etc) is what I was told at the salon I used to work at!!

Thanks very much for your replies x x x

In case it helps you, I have always found l&p to be more durable for hairdressers, gel never seems to do as well (also goes for nurses/swimmers etc)

I think your idea of trying to explain the systems to the public is really good, but sometimes all they want is lovely nails and you may be over-complicating the issue lol! It's a good idea to explain that there are several systems in which you are competent, and that YOU will be able to advise them which will be more suitable for them.

Ezflow is a fantastic product, you have chosen well there. Good luck with the leaflet drop & your mobile business xx

Blimey, good job I asked you guys!! This info (esp about the fibreglass being kind to natural nail etc) is what I was told at the salon I used to work at!!

Thanks very much for your replies x x x

Hunny, this is the quickest way to learn misinformation ... when it is passed down from one nail tech to another without their being any substance to the information given. Like chinese whispers. :)

You did the right thing by asking !!

People always try to sell systems on these outdated ideas when the simple truth is that there is very little difference between any of them as regards looks (If done well) or stregth, when good quality materials are used.

There is a difference in the lasting ability pararticularly between low end and high end products and Resin (wraps) breaks down far more quickly and has to be replaced more often than L&P or Strong buff-off Gels.

Thanks everyone for your help on this. So if I leave off the explanations between the 3 systems, I'm confused between them now (the info I was told is now incorrect, nightmare!! aagghh!!).
What do u say the difference is?? I know a lot of people know what they want because they have had them before but u do get people who have no clue!

Thanks x x x

Thanks everyone for your help on this. So if I leave off the explanations between the 3 systems, I'm confused between them now (the info I was told is now incorrect, nightmare!! aagghh!!).
What do u say the difference is?? I know a lot of people know what they want because they have had them before but u do get people who have no clue!

Thanks x x x

When they have no clue, love, YOU decide for them and do whatever is easiest for you to apply to their nails. L&P for me 99% of the time as I said ... it works for everyone ... so do most good gels.

WRaps?? As I say, they do not last as long so I do not use them as much. I always use a wrap for a natural nail repair and for natural nail wraps ... some though use them all the time.

Whatever you are most comfortable using is what you will use the majority of the time.

Right L&P it is!! To be honest i have fibreglass on at the mo and broke one last week so thought i would use my new talents and put a tip on and practised my pink and whites, its not budged!! so strong, never had L&P on b4, i think its the way forward!!

So if I say gel (not soakable) and L&P (very versatile and soakable) are the strongest and fibreglass is more for repairs and ladies who are not heavy handed?

Thanks again everyone x x

Latest posts

Back