difference between vctc & nvq

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

about nails

Reaction score
hi geeks just a quick question can anyone help? What is the difference between a NVQ & a VCTC or are they the same i am VCTC trained and does it make any difference in further training, i want to do my nvq3 in nail treatments would this affect it and if i did my a1 award would i only be able to train in vctc what ever this is! or can i teach at nvq. please help two very confussed geeks. with googly eyes.:eek:

Hi you two googly eyes!

I and many others have answered this question before. Do a search on VTCT.

Briefly though, VTCT is an Awarding Body that awards their own independant qualifications AND NVQ's.

NVQ's are qualifications that are awarded by several Awarding Bodies, e.g. City & Guilds

If you've achieved an independant qualification but need an NVQ for whatever reason, they are usually very similar and conversion is possible with little work.

I did my NVQ2 in Beauty and the governing body over the qualification in the VTCT.

Just wanted to point out as I know quite a few geeks get confused with this the body is called VTCT not VCTC.

HTH

:hug: thanks for your help,
from the googly two:eek:

Ive done VTCT Level 2 in nail treatments, technology and art, which wasnt an nvq, but im now studying nvq level 3 in nails services with vtct. i think as long as you are doing the nvq qualification with vtct they will accept you. hope that makes sence.

I have vtct in manicure, pedicure, nail enhancements and nail art Did these as 3 seperate qualifications then I went on and did my nvq's too.

Latest posts

Back