Difference with flat tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollie1985

Reaction score
Hi all I buy nail tips when doing bonds but what is the difference between this and flat tips? How is the application difference as I imagine you wouldn't roll it? Do you need training for flat tips? Extensions is just an extra service I offer within hairdressing so have been thinking about advertising them more and looking at other methods etc x

no you can still roll them, there applied the same way as the u tip, there great for cold fusion

I use flat tips for cold fusion. You use them to make a flat bond rather than a cylinder bond. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1425497255.809464.jpg

I use them exactly like u tips too 👍

I prefer flat tips, they lay much flatter especially when you put hair up, I also find they do not matt as much as you are folding, not rolling the hair.
Here is a tutorial for how to create a flat fold bond, you do not need to take another course for this:
How to create a flat fold bond - Roxy Hair Extensions

I much prefer to work with flat tops, however I roll them. I think they look awful when left flat.

Thanks for the feedback guys, so if you still roll them what's the difference to normal nail tips then? Xx

Thanks for the feedback guys, so if you still roll them what's the difference to normal nail tips then? Xx

Wait until you try them 😉 there will be no going back!

The bond is smaller, less keratin, So they are thinner and more discreet in the hair.

Less keratin = less time to melt = quicker fitting times. I average 100 bonds an hour with flat tips, nail tips I can only manage 150 in 2 hours at the quickest. I actually hate nail tips now and get really frustrated if I have to use them! Plus, because there is less keratin, they're easier to remove. When I remove the flat tips that I supply, I can do 200 in an hour. When I remove euphoria's nail tips, it takes me about 3 hours for the same amount. Honestly, try them and I swear you'll never look back 😄

Brilliant il need to try these out then:) another question everyone hates lol can anyone recommend anywhere that does these with good hair xx

I use angle locks flat tips for my high end range the hair is amazing

Thanks il have a look them xx

Latest posts

Back