Differences with Wella Illumina and Colour Touch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ljhair

Reaction score
Im very new to wella (normally use goldwell)
I recently used wella illumina 9/03 and 9/43 2:1 ratio over my pre lightened hair and absolutely loved it! I wanted to change it to colour touch as i didnt want to keep applying permanent colour, i used 9/03 and 8/43 3:1 ratio (2:1 was far too orange and colour touch dont have 9/43) anyway it was a completely different colour! It didnt have the shine or the lovley peachy colour at all! Was very disappointed, am i missing something?

Im very new to wella (normally use goldwell)
I recently used wella illumina 9/03 and 9/43 2:1 ratio over my pre lightened hair and absolutely loved it! I wanted to change it to colour touch as i didnt want to keep applying permanent colour, i used 9/03 and 8/43 3:1 ratio (2:1 was far too orange and colour touch dont have 9/43) anyway it was a completely different colour! It didnt have the shine or the lovley peachy colour at all! Was very disappointed, am i missing something?
Colour touch is a more neutral base with deposit only properties.
Illumina is violet based and is permanent so it has lifting properties.
It will by nature give a lighter colour.
What you can do if you'd like to continue to use illumina then you can do the gloss instead of using it as a tint everytime. This is a gentler process still using the shades of your choice, but there's less damage.

Colour touch is a more neutral base with deposit only properties.
Illumina is violet based and is permanent so it has lifting properties.
It will by nature give a lighter colour.
What you can do if you'd like to continue to use illumina then you can do the gloss instead of using it as a tint everytime. This is a gentler process still using the shades of your choice, but there's less damage.
Ahh i did wonder about this as when processing the illumina turns purple whereas the colour touch was orange! i will stick with illumina, thanks.
Am i right in thinking glossing is done with illumina shade, pastel 1.9 and the post hair treatment 1:1:1? X

Ahh i did wonder about this as when processing the illumina turns purple whereas the colour touch was orange! i will stick with illumina, thanks.
Am i right in thinking glossing is done with illumina shade, pastel 1.9 and the post hair treatment 1:1:1? X
That's exactly right :) it just like putting a slight stronger pigmented mask on :)

Latest posts

Back