different colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
HI i had my hair highlighted about 5 mths ago , i let it grow , so now my roots are pretty long my hair looks dry and it looks terrible. i want to go light platinum blonde with a bit of a golden blonde but i want to get rid of all the roots as their dark. the colours in it now are bleach highlights and dark blonde streaks plus dark roots which are about 2" long. would it be ok to get the colours i want or would it be best going 1 colour thanks. as it costs so much as when i get the highlights done 2 months later i got to pay the same price to have it redone to get rid of the roots.

What natural level is your hair?
anything is possible, but you need to keep in mind that the farther (lighter) away you get from your natural level the more of a grow out is going to show and the more often you will have to go in to get the roots done.

my hair is past my shoulders but having it cut to above the shoulders and my hair is dark blonde the roots do come bk a bit dark

would it be ok to get the colours i want or would it be best going 1 colour thanks. as it costs so much as when i get the highlights done 2 months later i got to pay the same price to have it redone to get rid of the roots.

You can go any direction you want. I would discuss this with your stylist and see what they recommend. The more "solid" "heavy" color you go, the more of a grow out you will have.
If you pay the same price to get a whole new color look as just gettting the roots done, you are getting a great deal. I charge more if I have to use more color.

it just seems so much money i pay £78 each time every 2-3 mths thats either just roots or colour which they use less colour just on roots but charge the same

it just seems so much money i pay £78 each time every 2-3 mths thats either just roots or colour which they use less colour just on roots but charge the same

The reason we charge the same is because the application time is the same regardless, you are not just buying product but our time, expertise and years of training:)

if you are managing to go 2-3 months, I think that is a perfectly reasonable amount of time, most of my clients only like to go 6 weeks inbetween colour application. £78 is about average, it does make me feel slighty cross that clients feel our training and expertise is not worth that.

HI i had my hair highlighted about 5 mths ago , i let it grow , so now my roots are pretty long my hair looks dry and it looks terrible. i want to go light platinum blonde with a bit of a golden blonde but i want to get rid of all the roots as their dark. the colours in it now are bleach highlights and dark blonde streaks plus dark roots which are about 2" long. would it be ok to get the colours i want or would it be best going 1 colour thanks. as it costs so much as when i get the highlights done 2 months later i got to pay the same price to have it redone to get rid of the roots.

Hi
Highlights are high maintenance and need commitment
platinum blonde will need even more commitment ,
you don't really sound as though you want this type of commitment anymore.

Also if you went platinum blonde the other highlights and colours
would need to be cut out first as they would go even drier and may even break off.

It sounds like you may be better off having a good old trim and go back closer to your own natural colour,

you could have a nice natural looking demi /semi on your hair ( eg colour touch,)
this would bring out lasting shine,

and you could also ask your stylist to place some nice peek a boo slices underneath your fringe or under your parting areas ,
this way the slices will peek through as your hair moves and you would have no regrowth showing through.
It is low maintenance and will last you longer,

ask your stylist what shades of blonde you can have on the slices

(the degree of lightness will depend on your how dark you are)

Hope this helps :hug:

Latest posts

Back