Different cuts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellybun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get dvds or any good books that help you learn different cuts as im currently doing my NVQ at college nearly finished my level 1 but feel i need more help with the cuts as i don't feel the tutor explains & helps alot.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Kelly,

I would reccomend getting some work experience in a trendy salon, there is no better way to learn than to watch a professional, especially when cutting. Ask the stylist beforehand if she/he could explain to you what they are doing (as long as the client doesn't mind)
Also, if the salon is very modern it's most likely that they will be doing funky modern cuts.

All the best hun

Ballyboo xx

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get dvds or any good books that help you learn different cuts as im currently doing my NVQ at college nearly finished my level 1 but feel i need more help with the cuts as i don't feel the tutor explains & helps alot.
Thanks in advance :)

youll cover cutting more in depth during level 2, level one dont have any units that cover cutting, you just get shown and have a bit of a practise on your blocks.....level 2 you will get to understand and practise more, you will have a cutting assignment to do and youll get shown more...like i say in level one its mostly about assisting
hth

when i was at college i subscribed to the hairdressing journal they have step by step pics ect level 2 will cover more of this unit so dont worry hun:hug:

Latest posts

Back