Different prices for mobile and salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLUSKERM

Reaction score
Hello, i am mobile and rent a room, my mobile prices are cheaper because my overheads are higher to rent, is this okay? or should i just make them the same? Does anyone else do both any hints tips, my mobile is doing better at the moment, they do seem to be a different client, i guess some people like you coming to them and some like the getting out to a salon, should i focus on one or the other?:)

If you are working mobile you have to think about mileage and the use of (depreceation sp ??) of your vehicle mate. So I would charge the same tbh. x

I think of mobile work the same as, for example, getting caterers in at home for dinner, as opposed to going to the take-away......you are bringing a luxury service to a client in their home and saving them the hassle of travel, parking, time etc.

If you are of an equal or better standard to the salons in your area, and you work mobile, you should be able to charge at least the same, if not a wee touch more.

It would definetly be less confusing to have same prices, it was that when i did my research in to prices the mobile prices were cheaper so i wanted to remain competative. The town prices are more expensive so i put them up for the room that i rent, i am going to make them the same i think after christmas.:)

hi Cluskerm,

I have always charged the same for mobile as I do for premises. But now that I am renting 2 rooms, if someone wants a mobile treatment then I am going to charge MORE for a home visit. I have to pay rent on 2 rooms, so going to someone elses home is actually doing me no favours.

One of the rooms I rent from is a chiropody clinic, he does domicillary visits once a week and he charges a lot more for a home visit, think its £7 more.

I will add £2.50 onto any treatment of a home visit, and if its over a certain distance then I charge more anyway.

If anyone questions the price, I briefly explain that I have to pay rent, petrol, etc.

I also do talks and demos, and if the venue is a certain distance, ie I live in Durham, and I do workshops at Alnwick Gardens which is about 50 miles away, I charge petrol expenses and an extra hour work although it takes me 2 hours to travel there and back.

Hi Ya, I have just started out as a mobile nail tech and I keep my prices pretty well in par with the salons. Apart from applying a discount to pensioners. But also I am only trying to target suburbs that are fairly close to me within a 5 - 10 min drive away. I have noticed on a couple of web sites from various other home tech's and they offer a mobile service but a surcharge is applied, so that way the client choose.

Thanks everyone there is a lot of ideas, i will rethink after christmas, i suppose clients will opt for cheaper option , which is why my mobile is doing better!:)

I think of mobile work the same as, for example, getting caterers in at home for dinner, as opposed to going to the take-away......you are bringing a luxury service to a client in their home and saving them the hassle of travel, parking, time etc.

If you are of an equal or better standard to the salons in your area, and you work mobile, you should be able to charge at least the same, if not a wee touch more.

I agree....i think sometimes Mobile techs don't get enough recognition. Being in a big fancy salon says nothing about the techs that work there.

I have had clients who used to go to a fancy looking place..plasma tv's on the wall....fancy drinks...beautiful decor....the nails they produced where terrible !!....never judge a book by the cover...:)

I've seen a website for a therapist who charges more for a call out than if you come to her, this does seem to make sense really. I am mobile and charge pretty similar to salon prices except for add ons like eye lash tint or brow shape/tint e.t.c :)

i would add on to go to them, or keep it the same price as it is easier if they come to you!

When mobile not only do you have to consider fuel, vehicle depreciation costs, insurance,etc., but also your TIME.

If it takes you an hour to do a set of nails in a salon, how long does it take you to drive TO your client, set up, do your service, pack up and drive BACK?

This should all be included in your overheads and can work out the same or even more than having a base.

I am mobile, and my prices are actually a bit higher than several salons in my local area. I believe that my end result is good enough to justify my prices, and so I would not charge less for being mobile. I have spent lots of money and time to become qualified and experienced enough to provide this service, and I use products from a recognised professional brand. These are my primary considerations when setting my prices.

I'm very new and dont have many clients yet, so this way of thinking may not work!! To be honest though I would rather build up slow and steady, gaining clients who are interested in quality not price, and in turn gaining a reputation for being good, not for being cheap. :green:

Latest posts

Back