Different strokes for different.... Smile lines!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rulocals

Reaction score
Hi Guys I was hoping for some help with brushes and smile lines!!

There are so many sizes and shapes available nowadays and each one gives me a completely different smile line. I had a very thin brush which was great for the smile line except it took so long to do i was seriously struggling to do the thumbs in time!

Im afraid to say with a big brush i am still 'back bobbing' and want to get out of this habit and was wondering if certain brushes helped with certain tasks.

Sorry its not more coherent, just a little confussed!:irked::confused:

just wondered, is this for gel or acrylic?

Sorry for Acrylic!

Hi,

I use CND's Pro-Styler brush for my L&P, i find it works great too on the smiles, I almost always have to sweep the smile to tuck in, as long as you wipe your brush before doing this, so as not to cause over exposure problems with your client, I can't see that it's a huge problem.

Check out the fab tutorial by GMG about perfect smiles, it helped me loads.

Found the link now.....

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/2734-million-dollar-smiles.html

HTHs xx

Hi Guys I was hoping for some help with brushes and smile lines!!

There are so many sizes and shapes available nowadays and each one gives me a completely different smile line. I had a very thin brush which was great for the smile line except it took so long to do i was seriously struggling to do the thumbs in time!

Im afraid to say with a big brush i am still 'back bobbing' and want to get out of this habit and was wondering if certain brushes helped with certain tasks.

Sorry its not more coherent, just a little confussed!:irked::confused:
If you can find a brush that has a big belly but comes to a great point you'll be fine.Drop your bead of white in the middle n spread not bein too concerned with corners then scoop to have clean line,then pick up tiny white bead in corners slightly above where you want smile line to end n scoop until your happy.Keep your brush wet but clean when you're scooping.Hope this helps xx

If you can find a brush that has a big belly but comes to a great point you'll be fine.Drop your bead of white in the middle n spread not bein too concerned with corners then scoop to have clean line,then pick up tiny white bead in corners slightly above where you want smile line to end n scoop until your happy Keep your brush wet but clean when you're scooping.Hope this helps xx

sorry but keeping your brush wet, will cause over exposure,and pocket lifting
always have your brush really dry to back bob the smile line

Hi, I use Ezflow Grand Master 508, it has a biggish belly but a beautiful point and I make the best smiles I've ever made with it hth x

i always used my master series pro styler - until i clogged it and couldn't get a new head at the OSNS, so in desperation i got the only brush they had - the designer nails own version of the prostyler - ABSOLUTELY HATED IT at first but now after doing a couple of sets with it to get used to i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Definately converted! xx

Latest posts

Back