different style nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi guys,

ive just been reading a thread about different style nails (usa,uk and european) but there are no pics to show the differnce. :| i was wondering maybe if anyone had pics of these as i for one dont know the difference:o and it would be quite interesting (to me and maybe anyone else who hasnt seen them)to see these differences.

i look forward to seeing any contributions. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

As a brief general guide.

The American nail is the long parallel sided-90 degree corners-square nail.

In the UK we have taught our students for years to think 'enhancement' and to custom service the client with the shape that looks best on her ... not a formula of square nails for all whether it suits or not. Please american members do not be offended for this is a general statement and I know many US technicians custom service.

Of course the UK is now part of Europe and I would say that the same rule applies accross the chanel. European women know what they like and in general favour a softer more oval appearance although many of the younger generation go for the classic model look of medium length square round.

thanks for that geeg - i personally am not fond of the 90 degree corners, much prefer "ours"

Latest posts

Back