Different technique ideas ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
hi ya guys , as you will know i am getting back into hair after a break of a few years, now i am going on a referesher course but i dont think they will really offer a lot of funky colouring techniques
i have done foils , but to be honest its usually just a full head or half etc... very basic stuff really ...
anyway i got the colour book and it has a few techniques in it , (i tried the reverse diagonal horshoe last night :lol:)
it turned out ok but i was just wondering what techniques are most popular in salons ?
am i worrying too much about offering techniques people aint even fussed about having ? , i just want to be able to offer the best techniques for the hairstyle , iykwim

is it a case of people just usually do have a full head of foils , or a half , or a t section etc ? ...

thanks peeps xx

Hi Dee, thats great about the hairdressing and sounds great about the horseshoe technique ,

anything that will give you more confidence and know how will enable you to handle anything that comes through the door , good luck :hug: x

Hiya I know DVDs arent going to replace real people but i ordered one of the toni and guy ones (got it second hand off ebay!!) its realy good think there are quite a few different ones to try out. Loads of realy new ideas for colouring!!!!:)

Hiya I know DVDs arent going to replace real people but i ordered one of the toni and guy ones (got it second hand off ebay!!) its realy good think there are quite a few different ones to try out. Loads of realy new ideas for colouring!!!!:)

i have the toni and guy one...its very good

i have to say i work in a quite 'trendy' salon and 98% of the colours are half head, full head foils, the main thing with them is the colours you use and the size of weaves, or as you PM'd me about, back to back slices.
the main 'fashion' ones we get in are flashes of colour, which are easy once you know where to put them. if you have an idea you want to try and pick the right client they are normally fine with it.
going to put some more techniques on my tutorial now dee so have a look later!
x

Latest posts

Back