Different ways to advertise your business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise jane

Reaction score
does anyone advertise their nail/beauty business in their car window, with, i don't know say a car sticker? Can you get them made? If so where? Would love to know what anyone does out there.:rolleyes:

Hi Louise,
I had some magnetic signs made for my car, one for each side and a smaller one for the back. I bought them off the internet heres the address www.keylinegraphic.co.uk I emailed my ideas to them and they came up with just what I wanted! For the two large ones on the passenger and drivers door and the smaller one for the boot I think it cost me £58 inc VAT which I thought was very reasonable. But be warned......I now take them off my car at night because one weekend I had a phone call at 2am asking to make an appointemnt and when I got up the next morning one of my signs was missing. Luckily the idiot who thought it would be good fun to get me out of bed had only taken my sign a few doors down and put it one someone elses car so I did actually get it back!
Meggie x

Hi there - definately sign writing on your car is a fantastic idea - especially if you do a lot of driving - but make sure you dont cut anyone off or anything LOL!!!:mad:

My hubby is a signwriter but we are in NZ sorry - otherwise id help ya out! Also the magnetic panels are great too as they can easily be taken off of course.

I guess the best advertising are your clients - thats where I get most of my business from - especially the ones that go for the outrageous colours and nail art.:lol:

thanx meggie, will defo be looking into the website address. Sounds pretty interesting. x

Hi there - definately sign writing on your car is a fantastic idea - especially if you do a lot of driving - but make sure you dont cut anyone off or anything LOL!!!:mad:

My hubby is a signwriter but we are in NZ sorry - otherwise id help ya out! Also the magnetic panels are great too as they can easily be taken off of course.

I guess the best advertising are your clients - thats where I get most of my business from - especially the ones that go for the outrageous colours and nail art.:lol:

:) thanx anyway honey, i still appreciate your input, even though you are :cry: thousands of mile away.:hug:

Hi Louise,
I had some magnetic signs made for my car, one for each side and a smaller one for the back. I bought them off the internet heres the address www.keylinegraphic.co.uk I emailed my ideas to them and they came up with just what I wanted! For the two large ones on the passenger and drivers door and the smaller one for the boot I think it cost me £58 inc VAT which I thought was very reasonable.

I tried to log onto this site but it didn't recognise the address. Could you check it and post again? I'm really interested in getting some magnetic signs for my car and those prices sound great! Thanks xx:hug:

:cry: I have been having the same problem, cannot get into site!!!! HELP!:cry:

Meggie, do you have a phone number at all for the manufacturer? I could always give them a ring.:cry:

I got my signs made in Rubber Magnetic material as just aluminium magnetic ones can scratch the car. I bought one for each side of my car and got them from www.topnotchsigns.co.uk they used my own art work....I just designed what I wanted on the sign on Microsoft Word and then e-mailed it to them and they took it from there. They did offer to design it for me but I knew what I wanted, they were very quick and efficient to deal with. You have to be careful what the actual rubber magnetic sign material is like, I asked for samples from different companies and was amazed at the difference in quality, I decided on the one I went with as their product was much more resiliant than most of the others. They can also be taken on and off the car as many times as you want andyou can store them rolled up until you want to put them back on, they have a life of around 3+ years and for £68 incl VAT and delivery I decided that this was very cheap advertising. They make all different sizes of signs so the cost is dependant on what size you go for, mine are quite big so that they can be read easily.

Hi Louise,

I was chasing up sticker advertising myself and came across this site in the UK. Having an adhesive sticker might prevent your signs from being frizbeed around from teenager to teenager :).

www.abalabels.co.uk/prices_vinyl_stickers.htm

Good luck!

Geeks I have located the web address www.keylinegraphix.co.uk

Have just ordered my magnetic signs (2) and a window sticker (1) for my car from this company. They designed it for me and so far I am very happy with them. I have been dealing with Paul if anyone wants to use them. Oh forgot to say, total cost for 3 items incl VAT (free delivery) is £98.70

Latest posts

Back