Difficult client - colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy1993

Reaction score
So i have a client who always has full head foils and has always been blonde for the past 18month i have done her hair.

She recently decided she wanted a huge change, so wanted a nice warm copper.
So i pre pigged and then applied 6.0 an 6.43
I explained having it pre pig will stop the wishy washy look and make the colour grab better but
Obviously will look slightly darker until washed.

She has now decided it too dark. But she has washed it a few times and has said it has lightened but has now sent me a picture of a caramel colour and wants it doing asap. But i cant fit her in.
Im having major anxiety over the whole thing, the colour looked amazing when done and looks healthier! She was happy when i left but then messaged three days later
Has anyone any advice?
Thanks- needed a rant x

I understand that it’s annoying but maybe you’re taking it too personally so that’s leading to your high anxiety levels?
You need to remind yourself that you’re running a hairdressing business and she’s just another client.
I also recommend that you don’t respond to her messages instantly if you find them stressful. Distract yourself and reply when you’re feeling more grounded.
Keep reminding yourself that you’re a good hairdresser, but you’re not her personal fairy godmother. :)

Sounds like she as changed her mind about what she wants. If you discussed copper in your consultation and agreed on that, then you haven’t done anything wrong. The service went as planned and she was satisfied and paid at the end.
Now she wants caramel which is completely different and a whole new process possibly involving a colour removal to remove the copper and maybe further highlights and toning to desired shade. It’s a completely new service with a new price. Otherwise you could go on forever with her changing her mind. Your time s money and she might not like this one and want to go back to blonde! It’s always a shock for clients having a change, she might just need time to adjust.

If you are willing to do her hair again, then tell her when you are free next, explain that as its different to the desired colour at the consultation, there will be a charge for the service. Wait for her to respond, she will either not reply because she was expecting you to do it for nothing, or she will book in with you as soon as possible.
If you don't want to do her hair anymore, then send her a semi formal message, thanking her for her custom, apologising that she was not happy with her hair. Then explain that you no longer feel you can achieve what she is asking for, and that maybe another stylist or salon will be able to help her with her goals. That way she will take the hint and not book back in with you. Let her be someone else's problem if she makes you feel so unwell.

So i have a client who always has full head foils and has always been blonde for the past 18month i have done her hair.

She recently decided she wanted a huge change, so wanted a nice warm copper.
So i pre pigged and then applied 6.0 an 6.43
I explained having it pre pig will stop the wishy washy look and make the colour grab better but
Obviously will look slightly darker until washed.

She has now decided it too dark. But she has washed it a few times and has said it has lightened but has now sent me a picture of a caramel colour and wants it doing asap. But i cant fit her in.
Im having major anxiety over the whole thing, the colour looked amazing when done and looks healthier! She was happy when i left but then messaged three days later
Has anyone any advice?
Thanks- needed a rant x

My mum just went copper, been blonde her whole life and pointed at the colour she wanted at the hairdressers. Then was making faces as if it was wrong when it was...in fact...copper..like she asked. Some people get freaked by their own decisions.

If you think for her hair to stay healthy she needs to give it some time, then say that (to help with your busy diary). Say when you have available and quote a price range. She’s not complaining til she’s complaining. She’s just said it’s too dark for her, which anything can feel like after blonde. But it’s what she asked for. If she had said I want it copper and it came out blue then you would be redoing for free. But if she didn’t say anything, paid and left then that’s not your problem.

Latest posts

Back