Difficult extension client wanting refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppyisland

Reaction score
Hi,
Long story short - client had pre bonded extensions on Thursday 8th nov. Messaged Thursday night to see if they should feel tight.
Has messaged this morning saying her head is on fire and is burning, can’t stop crying and wants them out.
Our extensionist is away this weekend and she’s really panicking as the client won’t stop messaging her Saying she’s in a very difficult position, wants them out and a full refund.
I’m unsure what to do. Our extensionist is very well trained, does them every week for the past 3 years and we have never had anything like this before!
We are fully booked today, but she wants to pop in as she thinks her hair is being damaged. Any advice? X

What method of application was used? If micro rings, then if the client is in that much pain and their scalp looks red, it would suggest that they are too tight and would be causing damage leading to traction alopecia maybe. I would remove them. Pliers are used to open up the rings to remove. I would do it after close if possible. You would need to get her permission to remove them in knowledge that you are not an extensionist. AcidPerm is best person to ask for advice, she's a fountain of knowledge.

They are prebonded glue extensions & get to come in to see if the application is clean & tidy and that no stray hairs from other bonds are attached. That is the only way to see if its the extensionist fault.

She said she would come in today - hasn’t as yet (2.45)
Additional info - her husband to be didn’t want her to have them done.
I can’t see why her head would be burning? They are pre bonded 5 packs of 0.8g hair.
Our extensionist fits on average 3-4 sets per week and this has never happened before.
For a refund do I just refund fitting cost and give her the hair or refund all of it?
I am trained in extensions but I just don’t do them.
X

Well you cant refund something that isn't wrong because the client is not used to having extra hair. Until you see it to judge whether the application was completely wrong or fine then you cant refund. If they are fitted perfectly then you could offer to take them out for free but not refund anything.

If they are perfectly fitted, take pictures when you see her incase she posts on social media how badly they was fitted and you can show proof that they wasn't :)

I have wefts done, and not gonna lie, I take paracetamol for a couple of days at night as they hurt to lay on... think she’s being a drama queen though xxxxx

(Previous post was wrong they’re microloops not pre bonded [emoji85])On Saturday she went to another salon who said they were too tight - obviously I still hadn’t seen them as she hadn’t come back to us.
This morning she messaged the stylist saying she needed them out today as otherwise she would have to go to the drs?!
She’s had them out, didn’t want the hair as she no longer wanted extensions and partner had said she didn’t want her to have them to start with. We have given a full refund - hopefully that’s the end of it now. I have a photo of the hair application, the woman said she had been trying to pull them loose and hadnt stopped tubbing them from the root....

fb4159af580e0ea5c88c72576df0af56.jpg

She said it was this area that was on fire the most and the pain was unbearable x

Rubbing not tubbing [emoji85][emoji23]

They look fine to me that’s how close I fit mine too.
Some people fit them even tighter to the scalp then that.
I wouldn’t of refunded her

She’s as been a complete nightmare, has harassed our stylist for the whole weekend. she was “advised” they were so tight they would snap her hair off. (If she was telling the truth)If they had of been lower surely they wouldn’t have lasted as long? We are just glad to have got rid of her. Hopefully she will leave us alone now - it almost seems worth the refund. Her scalp doesn’t look like it’s on fire or burning x

She’s as been a complete nightmare, has harassed our stylist for the whole weekend. she was “advised” they were so tight they would snap her hair off. (If she was telling the truth)If they had of been lower surely they wouldn’t have lasted as long? We are just glad to have got rid of her. Hopefully she will leave us alone now - it almost seems worth the refund. Her scalp doesn’t look like it’s on fire or burning x

She might of just been trying it on:/,
Bad thing is with refunding is then it looks like you have done something wrong as you are giving her what she wants, but I understand sometimes you’d rather do that and hope it gets rid of them !

There was threats of going to the doctors, her head burning, constant crying etc and constant messages, we don’t open Monday’s but our extensionist went and opened up and took them out. I admit the refund looks like we’re accepting responsibility but she was just to much hard work. We did think from the beginning we would have trouble as on Tuesday (2 days before fitting) she called up and wanted the extension company name and batch numbers so she could check they were genuine professional extensions as her partner didn’t want her having them! Very bizarre and I’d just rather her not darken our door again lol x

Call me cynical, but I wonder if she wanted them in for a one-off special event only and was preparing her ‘case’ to ensure she got her money refunded in full....? Nothing surprises me these days. :(

Call me cynical, but I wonder if she wanted them in for a one-off special event only and was preparing her ‘case’ to ensure she got her money refunded in full....? Nothing surprises me these days. :(

I really wouldn’t be surprised. Although she’s getting married at the end of the week (so she says) my theory is she had them done even though her partner didn’t want her to. She’s had them, gone home, he hasn’t liked them and has moaned at the cost so she’s done what she can to get the money back. I’d love to know what she was planning on saying to the doctor about them[emoji85]x

Latest posts

Back