Difficult eyebrow wax client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A disclaimer isn't acceptable if there is a reaction. A client isn't qualified to make the decision not to have a patch test and as the professional we are supposed to guide them.

As soon as a client even talks about having any treatment that requires a patch test, we patch test them, then at least we know it's done with our products. We make a note of the date etc then if the client wants a treatment, the patch test is done.

But you're right, I've been having my professionally coloured for years and never ever been patch tested!

Vic x
That is a very good idea about patch testing them if they mention a treatment but people are saying it has to be done 24hrs prior to treatment so say you had patch tested them two months earlier when they mentioned the treatment would that patch test be still valid

That is a very good idea about patch testing them if they mention a treatment but people are saying it has to be done 24hrs prior to treatment so say you had patch tested them two months earlier when they mentioned the treatment would that patch test be still valid
Most patch tests have to be done at least 24 hours before to allow time for a reaction to develop. BABTAC require you to retest within a year from memory if you haven't done a treatment, and less if there is a hormonal change, medication change and so on otherwise you're good to go, but also using the guidelines from the tint manufacturers.

Does that help? Probably not lol x

We are a hair and beauty salon, all clients are patch tested before having any tinting/dying/perming/glues etc.

The patch test is a minimum of 24hrs before the treatment- so you can have it a month in advance if that's when you book your appointment.

i know plenty of places dont even offer patch tests that are pretty reputable. i had explained to her since she was a new client id prefer a patch test. when i first went self employed i did not touch anyone with tint if they had not had a patch test. they would get the patch test but go to the salon up from me and get it done anyway. i fully understand the reasons for patch testing.

Latest posts

Back