Difficult eyebrow wax client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would write down the phone number of the local citizens advice center and ask your boss to deal with her when she comes in future (assuming you're no longer accepting calls from her), ask your boss to give her the number so she can find out how to proceed with her complaint in the proper manner.
I bet she won't even call citizens advice but if she does they'll explain that she doesn't have a leg to stand on. You've provided a treatment that she wasn't happy with, you did nothing wrong and still waived the fee and offered to perform another treatment that was to her liking. You've been more than generous.
Abusing other clients and making assumptions to their personality is outrageous!

i think she would be very silly to try to take it further after looking into it, at the end of the day i know I'm insured and she doesn't really have a proper reason to go any further as she keeps changing what her complaint is. i think she must do this everywhere, never once have i had a client who is unhappy and the first thing they ask for is insurance ? the more i think of it she sounds like someone out to take what they can xx

Usually your salon would be obligated to pay for her to have them fixed at her choice of salon, well this is the rule in Australia. Having said that, she complained that youve taken too much hair off but wants to get them waxed again? She has just contradicted herself :confused::confused:

ive still not heard from her since, im guessing shes noticed how silly she was being, i know that im covered and i did nothing wrong thats the main thing [emoji4] xx

Usually your salon would be obligated to pay for her to have them fixed at her choice of salon, well this is the rule in Australia. Having said that, she complained that youve taken too much hair off but wants to get them waxed again? She has just contradicted herself :confused::confused:
Wow really, can you explain why it is the policy for the therapist to pay for a treatment at a salon of her clients choice, when the client didn't even pay for the treatment she is complaining about.

B
Wow really, can you explain why it is the policy for the therapist to pay for a treatment at a salon of her clients choice, when the client didn't even pay for the treatment she is complaining about.
Because as i stated above, its the law in Australia

B

Because as i stated above, its the law in Australia
Yes I understand it's the law, I was just wondering if you knew WHY it's the law there.

No idea to be honest but it is absolutely ridiculous. A salon that i previously worked at also had hairdressing, a client cane in to have her hair fixed. She had it done elsewhere and wasnt happy then complained and had the salon pay for the salon i worked at to fix it. The cheeky cow told the hairdresser that she wanted her hair done here all along but couldnt afford our prices and went into the previous salon to deliberately to get her hair done, complain then have them pay for her to come to us. Very very dodgy!!!

she landed herself in it by telling the salon owner 'when i had this happen before (elsewhere)she gave me her details straight away' since then we knew she was at it. She was very agitated and irritable amd abrupt from the first moment she came into the salon. i did not charge her, and offered another complimentary service of her choice and i also offered to 'correct' what she thought i had messed up and was told no, really just an awkward client, i previously sought legal advice on the matter and was told not to panic she doesn't have a good enough case for it to go any further. and I've not heard from her since i told her i was ending the conversation, and to forward her complaint. id just like to be able to warn other therapists of her but obviously i cant. would hate for another person to be treated like that by her. Its taught me a lesson though if any client makes me feel uncomfortable like she did by saying things like 'i didnt really want to book in here as you are just newly open' just as she said to me, i think i will tell them not to bother getting onto the bed and to book where they usually go.

Dont feel bad about it, shes just a cow. Obviously she lives a miserable life and enjoys making others miserable. Her problem, not yours. One day ahe will get whats coming to her

Why were you tinting a new client without a patch test..... If she had a reaction (real or made up) she could have taken you to the cleaners. You have had a lucky escape perhaps not in the way you had thought.

Why were you tinting a new client without a patch test..... If she had a reaction (real or made up) she could have taken you to the cleaners. You have had a lucky escape perhaps not in the way you had thought.
Do people actually do patch tests these days? Do clients actually come in 24hrs before a treatment for a patch test?

Do people actually do patch tests these days? Do clients actually come in 24hrs before a treatment for a patch test?

Er yes and yes!

Failure to patch test and a client reacting is one of the fastest growing reasons clients sue their therapists.

Er yes and yes!

Failure to patch test and a client reacting is one of the fastest growing reasons clients sue their therapists.
Dont get me wrong, i understand the importance of it, its just not commonly done here. Clients fill out a consult card listing medical issues and if they dont state theyre allergic to tint or hair dye, we carry on with the treatment. I know how wrong that is but its just the norm here.

Yeah in Australia pretty much no one patch tests here unless the client States they have problems before with any kind of dye etc. I've never heard from anyone I know or work with of anyone having any reaction from it before. Maybe we use different products??
Do all your hairdressers do this over there as well with hair dye?

Yeah in Australia pretty much no one patch tests here unless the client States they have problems before with any kind of dye etc. I've never heard from anyone I know or work with of anyone having any reaction from it before. Maybe we use different products??
Do all your hairdressers do this over there as well with hair dye?
Fantastic point about the hair dye.

I would be annoyed if I got told to come in 24 hours before for a patch test if I went into a salon to book if I wanted a treatment doing which requires a patch test I would expect them to do it there and then rather than me having to go in 24 hours before, even though I know it covers you for insurance purposes I would still be annoyed as I travel a fair distance for most of my treatments

Last edited:
I would be annoyed if I got told to come in 24 hours before for a patch test if I went into a salon to book if I wanted a treatment doing which requires a patch test I would expect them to do it there and then rather than me having to go in 24 hours before
I agree, its an inconvenience. Patch tests need to be observed for 24hrs though. I guess a little bit of inconvenience is a lot better than having a reaction especially on the eye area but having said that, i dont do patch tests. If i was to get tinting done and they asked me to come in 24hrs before my treatment for a patch test, id go elsewhere. I just ask them when making their appointment if they have had a tint before and if they had any trouble with it reacting. If they havent had a tint before i ask them if they would like a patch test but i dont push them into having one. Its not good client care but ive had no issues in my 15 years of doing it

I agree, its an inconvenience. Patch tests need to be observed for 24hrs though. I guess a little bit of inconvenience is a lot better than having a reaction especially on the eye area but having said that, i dont do patch tests. If i was to get tinting done and they asked me to come in 24hrs before my treatment for a patch test, id go elsewhere. I just ask them when making their appointment if they have had a tint before and if they had any trouble with it reacting. If they havent had a tint before i ask them if they would like a patch test but i dont push them into having one. Its not good client care but ive had no issues in my 15 years of doing it
I'm the same as you! Can always cover your back with like a disclaimer form or something for the likes of the clients you have asked if they want one and they've personally turned it down! But me myself if I'd had an allergic reaction to a dye be it a tint or a hair colour I wouldn't be trying to have it done again even though there are different makes still most of the main ingredients are the same

I'm the same as you! Can always cover your back with like a disclaimer form or something for the likes of the clients you have asked if they want one and they've personally turned it down! But me myself if I'd had an allergic reaction to a dye be it a tint or a hair colour I wouldn't be trying to have it done again even though there are different makes still most of the main ingredients are the same
A disclaimer isn't acceptable if there is a reaction. A client isn't qualified to make the decision not to have a patch test and as the professional we are supposed to guide them.

As soon as a client even talks about having any treatment that requires a patch test, we patch test them, then at least we know it's done with our products. We make a note of the date etc then if the client wants a treatment, the patch test is done.

But you're right, I've been having my professionally coloured for years and never ever been patch tested!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back