Difficult wax today-tips please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Hi

I had a lady in today for a full leg wax. Her lower legs were ok but from knee upwards (right over her bottom and up her back) she had quite fine, downy but very dark hair and loads of it. It was almost like fur. I found it really difficult to remove it all and used a whole cartridge of wax!! It was so fine it was just sticking to her legs and not lifting off. I did the best I could but was disappointed that it wasn't as clean a wax as normal. She seemed happy and has booked in for another one which I'm already dreading! Any tips please?? Using PR cristal ice wax. Thanks

I'm not familiar with that wax but did you make sure you pressed down firmly on the strip before pulling it off? It sounds a bit simple, but i find if the hair isn't coming away easily if i put more pressure on, it works.

HTH xx

I find that hair does this if its not being pulled in the right direction... I've seen a lot of therapists placing wax not in the same direction as the hair growth, upper legs go in all directions not just down the way. I find therapist do the down stokes and upwards pull for quickness - when the hair isn't even growing in that direction - the result is the hair is left on the leg. The fundamental rule of following the direction of hair growth need to be adhered to.

I agree with what's already been said.

You may find a few things may help possibly getting a client on their knees , which I know isn't always the most favoured position if it's not an intimate waxing but it puts a better stretch on the skin on that section of the leg and the butt cheek and allows you to apply and cover the hairs much easier and get a better grip.

The other thing I often find some rollers just 'float' over the hair in some areas so just make sure you get enough wax on the hair and a good firm rub and rip should get them!

HTH jack

Thank you all for your help. I'll definitely try some of these next time. I think all fours would have helped with stretch definitely as although slim she had a crease between bottom and leg which was tricky. I use cartridges because I have carpet and worry about dripping wax but do have a pot of wax and will try this next time too.
Thanks again all

Xx

You could also try getting your client to put one knee at a time into her chest and that way you get the stretch on the back of the leg without your client having to get on all fours.

I feel your pain. Hate full leg. One day soon I'll just be doing Brazilians and Hollywoods all day every day and I'll be soooo happy!

I feel your pain. Hate full leg. One day soon I'll just be doing Brazilians and Hollywoods all day every day and I'll be soooo happy!

I don't normally mind but honestly Ive never seen hair like it. When I had finished, her bottom, which she didn't ask me to do looked like a cute furry pet sat on her! I really like her as a customer and want to help her hence asking for advice as I don't want to dread her appointments, she is lovely!

Still to tackle the Hollywood training!

I've kind of made my peace with full leg as I do so many of them in work 😱 slightly off topic but do you geeks include the bum cheeks in a full leg? And also how long does it take you all to do? We get booked half an hour and I always find I run 3 or 4 minutes over! Xx

I don't do bum when doing full leg. I allow 30 mins too but some are quicker some are slower depending on hair. X

Just a thought but she may have applied body lotion that wasn't totally removed with the cleanser (easily done).

Another time this may happen is when the skin isn't dry, so always give the skin a good dry with some couch roll.

If you find hair a bit stronger than norm, try to apply the wax a little thicker, so in your case don't press the roller so hard. HTH's.

Just a thought but she may have applied body lotion that wasn't totally removed with the cleanser (easily done).

Another time this may happen is when the skin isn't dry, so always give the skin a good dry with some couch roll.

If you find hair a bit stronger than norm, try to apply the wax a little thicker, so in your case don't press the roller so hard. HTH's.

Thanks Kim. I'm tempted to use pot and spatula next time so it's a bit thicker. Hope you're recovering ok!

Thanks Kim. I'm tempted to use pot and spatula next time so it's a bit thicker. Hope you're recovering ok!
I would do. This is one reason that it's rare to find someone waxing a guy with a roller as the wax isn't always thick enough.

I'm recovering well thanks but enjoying daytime TV a little too much me thinks. :) xx

Latest posts

Back