difficulty with tan solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural-nails

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im having difficulty in deciding what solution to use on my clients, ive tried tantrick- although i liked the colour and the way it faded i didnt like the fact that it was so wet and the amount of solution i had to use.
Sienna x i found a bit orange and didnt fade very well, my clients couldnt wash it off and to be honest neither could i i had to scrub it off for days :eek:

I have been using A-tan for a while now and my clients like it although some find it hard to wash the last of it off, Its usually the ones who have 10% that find it hard to wash the last of it off. Is this normal? i was thinking that its because they might have very dry skin. Im pregnant at the mo and my skin is dryer than usual and im finding it harder than usual. Or i thought maybe i was using a tan to dark for the skin?? could it be any of these or is this just normal?

Anyway back to the solutions can anyone tell me the best solution on the market at the moment i understand its down to personal preference and the clients i just want to see what comes up the most.

Thanks for taking time to read and i look forward to your replys
:hug:

You have said that your Tantrick solution is coming out very wet, if you are using a Minimist, have you tried turning your gun down a little?

Also you will find the more you gain confidence in tanning the less solution you use
Please pm if you want any tips as I am one of TanTricks trainers
hth
:hug::hug:

I use the minimist and love it! i have had no problem with any other solution being wet just that one. i had it turned once and it was too wet so i turned it to half but still a little too wet.

Also you will find the more you gain confidence in tanning the less solution you use
Please pm if you want any tips as I am one of TanTricks trainers
hth
:hug::hug:

I only use between 50 and 70mls i thought this was about right? but like i said with the tantrick i was using loads more.

I only use between 50 and 70mls i thought this was about right? but like i said with the tantrick i was using loads more.

I only use 50ml of the Tantrick solutions - this is a with a double spray too so you dont need to spray so wet. YOu have to adjust each solution to what is required for it so you will find that you need to adjust even more for Tantrick.

so does anyone know if its normal to find its really hard to scrub the last of the tan off or could it be due to not mousturising, or even a tan to dark for the skin??

Anyone wanna recomend the solution they use?

hiya,

Its unlikely to be the solution itself, you probably just need to turn the dial down on your machine which controls the amount of solution flowing through.

hope this helps

I had my legs sprayed at Gmex with Sudo it was quite dry and a lovely colour i washed it after 8 hours and my legs were a lovely colour. no orangeness no streaks and lasted 7 days easy. with no aftercare! Phone up some companies and ask for samples to try.

Most of it is down to prep work, clients think just because they are having a spray tan their skin will transform into moist even silky baby skin:green:
If the skin is dry and they have not washed evenly it will stick to certain places when fading.
My tip is to rub baby oil on the patches with an exfoliating glove to remove last traces, works a treat. Please warn them if they are going to do this in the bath or shower to be careful not to slip:eek:.

J x

A spray tan is for life, not just for Christmas!

We want repeat business, so upsell your retail products, moisturiser, tan extender and get them to book a course of treatments at a reduced price.....yes a one off tan without aftercare is likely to be pants come the end of it....

Totally, prep is a main key area....sell them your exfoliating product when they book their session and explain to them how to use it correctly.....patch fade=unprepared skin and lack of aftercare.

Hi all,

Im having difficulty in deciding what solution to use on my clients, ive tried tantrick- although i liked the colour and the way it faded i didnt like the fact that it was so wet and the amount of solution i had to use.
Sienna x i found a bit orange and didnt fade very well, my clients couldnt wash it off and to be honest neither could i i had to scrub it off for days :eek:

I have been using A-tan for a while now and my clients like it although some find it hard to wash the last of it off, Its usually the ones who have 10% that find it hard to wash the last of it off. Is this normal? i was thinking that its because they might have very dry skin. Im pregnant at the mo and my skin is dryer than usual and im finding it harder than usual. Or i thought maybe i was using a tan to dark for the skin?? could it be any of these or is this just normal?

Anyway back to the solutions can anyone tell me the best solution on the market at the moment i understand its down to personal preference and the clients i just want to see what comes up the most.

Thanks for taking time to read and i look forward to your replys
:hug:
the best thing to do is ring all the manufacturers and ask for samples...if they want your buisness they should be only to pleased to send a sample out to you to try for yourself.
On the Tantrick problem you mentioned ..this is not normal so I would say to much liquid was applied...if you wish I would be happy to get one of our trainers to give you a call and see if they can help you :lol:

Clients need to Prepare and maintain, shower, exfoliate and hair remove pre tan, no deoderant, moisturiser, or make up pre tan.

During th development process, no washing, sweating lots (it going for a jog etc!!) rubbing hands over your body, or wearing tight fitting clothes.

Maintaining the tan : Once the guide colour is washed off the client needs to moisturise (non dove products) all over at least twice day, and exfoliate every 3 days and continue moisturising up until re spraying!!

Hope this helps

Feel free to PM me if you need further help chick

Latest posts

Back