Digital perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
Hi today i have being asked if we do digital perms, do any of you guys offer these perms ?? I dont do any where near enough perms to be buying a machine, i know tgey are diffrent but dont think its worth it.

A digital perm?..

I have heard about it but don't know much other than you need a machine to do it ,i probably do about 4 perms a year so would not even consider buying a machine at this point in time :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I'm sure if I remember right that digital perms are when the rods are placed hot in the hair and give a more wavy look I don't think they are necessary nowadays when clients have ghds and hair wands etc so wouldn't see this as a good investment x

Its what Kate Middleton is rumoured to have. Its basically a reverse perm if that makes sense. Yes electric and heat is used, but the effect is that when wet the hair is how it naturally would be before the perm, get the stylist who can blowdry an Afro curl pin straight without chemicals or irons to dry it, and once dry a slight shake with finger tips will bring back the curl.
That's basically the outcome xoxo

Hi today i have being asked if we do digital perms, do any of you guys offer these perms ?? I dont do any where near enough perms to be buying a machine, i know tgey are diffrent but dont think its worth it.

I can't guarantee hundreds of punters but myself and a few of my friends would LOVE to be able to get a digital perm outside of London, where they're charging minimum £250, often £400 a pop. I've been searching for 6 months for a salon in the North and would be so excited if I could find one. I am not a hairdresser but my research indicates it's the only way to get uniform, Boho waves that have been sooooo popular for about the last decade. I know the look can be created with rollers / curling tongs but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing my hair every day and turning it to straw with heat damage. As for a cold perm; after a cold perm I think the hair is at its curliest when wet / damp. I've had one myself and it just wasn't uniform enough and I hated having to have either fluffy or crispy wet-look hair and not much in-between. With a digital perm, I understand the hair is curlier the more it dries, allowing a soft and natural look. I don't know how much the equipment costs but at the fee you can command to do one, with some clever promotion, you could probably attract serious interest since many ladies out there want a Kate Middleton 'do. I am sooo desperate for a digi perm, p-p-p-please somebody, bring it to South Yorkshire!!!!!

I can't guarantee hundreds of punters but myself and a few of my friends would LOVE to be able to get a digital perm outside of London, where they're charging minimum £250, often £400 a pop. I've been searching for 6 months for a salon in the North and would be so excited if I could find one. I am not a hairdresser but my research indicates it's the only way to get uniform, Boho waves that have been sooooo popular for about the last decade. I know the look can be created with rollers / curling tongs but I don't want to spend 3 hours doing my hair every day and turning it to straw with heat damage. As for a cold perm; after a cold perm I think the hair is at its curliest when wet / damp. I've had one myself and it just wasn't uniform enough and I hated having to have either fluffy or crispy wet-look hair and not much in-between. With a digital perm, I understand the hair is curlier the more it dries, allowing a soft and natural look. I don't know how much the equipment costs but at the fee you can command to do one, with some clever promotion, you could probably attract serious interest since many ladies out there want a Kate Middleton 'do. I am sooo desperate for a digi perm, p-p-p-please somebody, bring it to South Yorkshire!!!!!

Hi j plays guitar was just about to say bring it to Yorkshire so my sister from another mister can have it done!!! Lol! Xx

hmm, im not sure it's all that myself :lol: i love the idea & the promo pics make it look like a GHD catalogue!:Love:! but all the real 'after' pictures ive seen from blogs etc just look like scraggly loose perms from ears down??

I think there's still a lot of daily 'do-ing' to be done.... but could I interest you in getting wavy end extensions? Im still after trial heads at cost price + expenses... (doncaster...)

(mods dont shout at me! it was worth a try :Scared: :lol::lol: )

Hi, I worker for a company owned by a Chinese guy he had a digital perm machine.

I wonder if they were designed for the Asian market?

I can't imagine the equipment is cheap hence the price!

Hi, I worker for a company owned by a Chinese guy he had a digital perm machine.

I wonder if they were designed for the Asian market?

I can't imagine the equipment is cheap hence the price!

That's what i found, it's from the asian market, massive apparently, im not even sure if there is a distributor in the UK, certainly no promotion, ive only ever seen this service advertised in London & only a handful of places.

Ive a pal in Singapore if we get over there this year i'd give it a go.

That's what i found, it's from the asian market, massive apparently, im not even sure if there is a distributor in the UK, certainly no promotion, ive only ever seen this service advertised in London & only a handful of places.

Yes that's what I thought his main clientele where Chinese and he was a fantastic hairdresser and loved products and gadgets. Is their a local Chinese community near you might be worth asking around you may find it in an unexpected place!

After doing a bit of reading on these digital perms it seems to me Iike those is simply a new ways to use keratin straightening solution to achieve curl instead. Which would be MUCH better than the classic way to perm hair. The solution coats the hair instead of breaking disulfide bonds and rebounding them? Very interesting.

could I interest you in getting wavy end extensions? Im still after trial heads at cost price + expenses... (doncaster...)

(mods dont shout at me! it was worth a try :Scared: :lol::lol: )

Hey training; thanks for the offer but I'm not into extensions. I have so much hair already, I find they give me a headache, they're not suitable for the amount of swimming I do and I don't like how much they limit styling and make me terrified of wind revealing my "secret".

I forgot to mention that there is a UK distributor of the Paimore machines: Digital Perm UK | Hair Expert Distribution. From what I gather it became popular for Asian hair because it's tougher and thus more difficult to get a curl to hold using cold perming techniques.

I'm really intrigued by this.. Didn't even know there was such a thing! I bet it's expensive to buy in. I'd love it in my salon x

Well, due to the lack of digital perm services available in SY, I've decided to piggy-back a digital perm onto a planned trip to the big smoke in July. Bit scary not having a consultation until the actual day but they're a Japanese salon with good reviews so if anyone can manage not to mess it up, I guess it'll be them.... On the upside, the price, at £183 for just below shoulder-length hair, is much better than the self-proclaimed pioneers at Eleven, Trevor Sorbie et al...

Wish me luck! Will post pictures (if I don't end up maimed / bald) :Scared:

The big smoke? Where u goin jessy? Xx

Latest posts

Back