dilemma, detox or spray tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
my friend is having to close her spa business due to ill-health.

anyway, she's got a 3rd hand spray tan machine and tent that she's willing to sell me for £150 which I know is fantastic, but at the moment, haven't got anywhere to put it.

she's also offering her platinum detox foot spa for the same price, the array has about 6 more treatments in it.

I personally think the spray machine would be more lucrative but haven't got anywhere to do it. But I love the detox spa, although realise that not many people would book it.

I have been trained to use the detox spa, and gemma has offered to train me in spray tans.

ahhhhhh

dilemma!!!

Is there eally nowhere you could pop the tent? Could you not fold up the treatment couch while you were doing a tan?
The spray tan would be much more lucrative for you, so I would go for that one tbh!

xxxxx

ooooooooooh it would be fab if you could go for both! I know spray tans can be lucrative, but I reckon you could make the detox spa work for you, as you're the kind of person that could really sell that treatment to your existing clients!

Last edited:
I too have always thought at detox foot spas were a bit of a "con" but maybe someone can tell me otherwise.

I would go for the spray tan machine every time as it will be a much better income generator for you.

I too have a very small room where I do all my treatments. When I am spraying I push my treatment couch to the side of the room, pop up the tent and away I go.

I don't think you will regret it if you go for this option Ann.

thanks for the warning wezzie.
I have experienced well-being from the spa myself. I suffer REALLY BAD HANGOVERS, and they last until 8pm. I had a spa and felt about 75% better and it was about 11am.

I think the spa has a 'novelty' status so may only attract one-off clients. Although my friend said she would sell packages of them and clients would have 1 a week for a month (and that was before she decided to sell up! LOL)

I have got a bit of room in the spare treatment room, but the tent doesn't look like it is supposed to be put up and down as its quite an old one (although looks good). Its square with metal frame. Alternatively, I could buy a pop-up one to be more portable.

The pop up ones are so easy and take seconds to put up and down. Also if you buy a new machine it will be in good working order and will have some kind of guarantee if it breaks down!

yeh I know. but I think £150 isn't too bad to lose out on if I decided that spray tanning isn't for me.

Id probably go for the spray tan as I imagine you wouldn't have to work as hard at promoting it. I think you would probably need to get a company to train you though instead of your friend otherwise you wouldn't be insured.

well I would train properly don't worry about that!
Gemma is a Tantrick instructor and is a fellow geeker.

id go with the tannin to be honest. but i think aqua detox is a load of poop and i dont see how it could possibly work.

Althouuugh, i bet we could do a crystal detox and use crystals in warm water :idea: what u think? cheaper and more effective i bet!!

he! he! well I know where you keep yours!

I've had a bit of a think, thanks everyone for comments. I think I may pass on both purely because of money at the moment. I'm also thinking of buying a paraffin wax heater so can't do everything!

you never know, she may reduce the prices nearer to her closing. I know thats a terrible thing so to say as shes a friend, but I spent £80 with her today.

my friend is having to close her spa business due to ill-health.

anyway, she's got a 3rd hand spray tan machine and tent that she's willing to sell me for £150 which I know is fantastic, but at the moment, haven't got anywhere to put it.

she's also offering her platinum detox foot spa for the same price, the array has about 6 more treatments in it.

I personally think the spray machine would be more lucrative but haven't got anywhere to do it. But I love the detox spa, although realise that not many people would book it.

I have been trained to use the detox spa, and gemma has offered to train me in spray tans.

ahhhhhh

dilemma!!!
the spratan machine (providing it is fully working and you get some proper training )will be the best long term option for you.
The detox jobby will also bring in revenue although the "Buzz"for this treatment is perhaps not at its peak.
So as a thought why not talk with the seller and offer to take both..they are of no use to her so she should come to a good deal for you.
Say to her you only want one and can only afford one..you would help her by taking both if she would give you a bit of time to pay for the second one..I know what I would do if I were in her shoes

your biggest problem seems to be one of space

Latest posts

Back