Dip and buff-any good or just a fad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I infilled when I was trialling the SNS system (I decided not to offer it as a service because I wasn't impressed with it and didn't have a 'need' for it). I was advised in training to only refill once, with full removal after a month, due to gradual cyanoacrylate breakdown, but it seems that others who trained elsewhere have not been advised of the same.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to know about the infill process?
Thanks for your reply. [emoji4]

My reason for asking was that I trained in a dip & buff system about 10+ years ago and discontinued it in favour of gel and l&p which I considered to be far superior not least because if the infill situation but also because of lack of strength as its impossible to get the same kind of C-curve with tip & buff.

I wondered if the system had improved

Thanks for your reply. [emoji4]

My reason for asking was that I trained in a dip & buff system about 10+ years ago and discontinued it in favour of gel and l&p which I considered to be far superior not least because if the infill situation but also because of lack of strength as its impossible to get the same kind of C-curve with tip & buff.

I wondered if the system had improved

I can't speak to whether the system has improved or not, as this was my first experience with tip and dip, but I would definitely not recommend it as a system of choice for extensions (or any situation where you'd need to build structure) more an alternative to soak off gel polish, but stronger. Even then, I still prefer other methods for those in need of more strength than gel polish offers. It is very quick to apply though, which is probably why it's the system of choice of NSS nail bars here in Melbourne. Can't pass one without seeing a giant SNS poster in the window.

I had the rep in today I done them in 30 mins for my first time too xxx

I'm debating on buying the cuccio starter kit to try as it seems to be the cheapest anmd I don't want to jump in and spend loads if i won't use it. What do you think of the Cuccio system, is it pretty straightforward?

Ive been a nail tech for 17 years, just had a four year break, but starting again. I remember years ago when the dip system came out and it was pretty crappy. Walked into the salon supply place and they had the entity dip system there, so I thought I'd try it. Unbelievable, I love it, it's easy, it's solid, the only part is it's slightly flat, but not overly. I've had it on for nearly three weeks. The colours are great as well. Funny when I saw it I thought wouldn't waste my money on it, but for some reason or rather I tried it and love it.
Did you buy the intro kit?

I'm debating on buying the cuccio starter kit to try as it seems to be the cheapest anmd I don't want to jump in and spend loads if i won't use it. What do you think of the Cuccio system, is it pretty straightforward?
Yes I don't do false nails just gel polish and it is pretty much similar application. You prep the nail then apply a resin then dip do that so 3 coats of powder then you apply an acytivator smooth if any lumps/bumps I had none then apply uv top coat and cuticle oil xxx

Yes I don't do false nails just gel polish and it is pretty much similar application. You prep the nail then apply a resin then dip do that so 3 coats of powder then you apply an acytivator smooth if any lumps/bumps I had none then apply uv top coat and cuticle oil xxx
Usually referred to as nail enhancements.

Usually referred to as nail enhancements.
I do know that I'm not stupid, but if it makes you feel better or gives you some sense of satisfaction too correct other people then so be it [emoji4]

Thank you, I think i'll try it x

Latest posts

Back