Dip dye how to achive this colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazz!!

Reaction score
Hi my sister wants her hair like this she has colour on at the mo about a base 5/6 red tones. I did a strand test with bleach and 20vol and left for 45mins got it up to a slightly orangy caremel blonde. I want to try and get the same as the pic in the link. Im still training at the mo and know goldwell colours the best. Can anyone tell me what i should use. And how to do it im scared. X thank you. X
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-blfNZ85gM.../Drew-Barrymore-supporting-two-toned-hair.jpg

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Have you completed the colour part of your course?
This look is easyer than it looks. Choose where the dip colour will end, get the tint and colour in a line, colour all the hair under that line as normal, get your brush sideways and "rough up the start" by painting a little colour above the line doing this with fine sections sideways so the finish isn't a flat line but a more natural "soaked up the colour" look. I don't know goldwel, I'd personally go with schwarzkopf 9(1/2).5
Sorry it's hard to show in numbers on here, but it's nine and a half point five, xoxo

I do cutting on tuesdays and colour on wednesdays so have been doing colour. I have been told to bleach up as much as i can then put a 8N on the mid lenghts. And leave the ends. I need to get the bleach a little lighter i think. I used 20 vol and left for 45 mins somone told me i could put on 30 vol just for the last 10 mins to give it a kick. Is that ok to do. Also the roots will need doing do i bleach up the ends and then do the root colour when i put the mid lenght colour on.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back