Dip dye nails in Shellac-anyone do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I have had a request for dip dye nails in Shellac

Does anyone do this and can recommend how to acheive this look? I'm guessing sponging comes into it at some stage lol

If anyone knows of a tutorial that would be great - I had a quick look at You Tube but it all looks very amateur

thanks x

The best way with Shellac is to use Additives and a brush x

The best way with Shellac is to use Additives and a brush x

Mummycat would that mean they would be sparkly? The lady doesn't want sparkly.

No, there are also pigment additives :)

There is definitely a tutorial on you tube, I watched it the other night. I think I just searched Shellac nail art? 💅

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394227977.581890.jpg

This was done with additives over cream puff x

oh amazing, thank you x

when buying additives (because I don't have any atm), must you choose ones that go with particular shades? I see they are named after colour ranges.

Or are there some shades that will universally go with lots of shellac shades? If I was to buy, say 4 or 5, which ones would be most use to me? I can't afford to buy them all lol well at least not yet

What colour was your lady after?
Here are a few of mine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1394230999644.jpg
    1394230999644.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 880
  • 1394231028407.jpg
    1394231028407.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 657
  • 1394231050146.jpg
    1394231050146.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 675
  • 1394231095273.jpg
    1394231095273.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 760
I love additives! You won't be disappointed with them. There's so much you can do with them. And creating ombré/dip dye nails takes literally seconds. xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394272988.737566.jpg

thanks for the pictures - presume the additive it added to the tip of the nails? therefore probably darker than the shellac colour?

Pinks/purples/blues i think

I am going to get some additives but was having a play with Shellac and have discovered you can do an ombre by sponging, its quite successful! Just in case anybody else fancied having a go! I put the pics on facebook and have some bookings from it already!

Cant wait for the additives tho

planning on having chicken salad at nandos, lunchtime.... and a salad teatime, hope that wont be too damaging. what do you think? xxx

Oops blossom wrong thread. 😁

When I add additives to tips it never covers them properly and my recent client felt it was wearing away- what am I doin wrong??

When I do this look I put the additives at the eponychium end as I too feel they wear at the free edge. Clients don't really care how the colour changes from one to another and I just explain that the longevity is better that way.

Karaxxx

Latest posts

Back