Dip nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanyer21

Nail addict
Reaction score
hi .. one of my clients keeps mentioning dip nails to me. can someone please give me some info on these. are they as good as gel and acrylic nails. we tend to just do infills every 3 weeks but she keeps mentioning this new tip method that is supposed to be better ??

A friend of mine does them and her nails are very flat, not a lot of apex going on. So for that reason they won't be as strong. I believe this isn't a new method, but has been around for a long time. I certainly wouldn't say it's better, if it was, everyone would be doing it.

A friend of mine does them and her nails are very flat, not a lot of apex going on. So for that reason they won't be as strong. I believe this isn't a new method, but has been around for a long time. I certainly wouldn't say it's better, if it was, everyone would be doing it.

one of my long term clients has gone elsewhere to have this method done .. she said that it's massive in America were her cousin lives and it's amazing

Use the search option for hundreds of posts about 'dipping' - 90% are issues/problems/fail

one of my long term clients has gone elsewhere to have this method done .. she said that it's massive in America were her cousin lives and it's amazing

She’ll probably be back!

I only offer this on natural nails but advertise as powder polish.

I use a brand called kiara sky, it’s a dip powder and they are solid! My clients love them! I use to be an acrylic tech but hated the smell! Since moving to kiara sky my clients retention is amazing! It also soaks off in 20 mins like a gel polish

I use a brand called kiara sky, it’s a dip powder and they are solid! My clients love them! I use to be an acrylic tech but hated the smell! Since moving to kiara sky my clients retention is amazing! It also soaks off in 20 mins like a gel polish
Can you tell me more about this? I really want to do acrylic and gel but I have allergies and have personal thoughts about UV lamps... anyhoo, I want a service to do extensions but I'm at a loss. How well do they hold up? How long of a nail can you get away with a tip? Is it possible to build the apex by the way you apply the resin or do they end up too thick?

Can you tell me more about this? I really want to do acrylic and gel but I have allergies and have personal thoughts about UV lamps... anyhoo, I want a service to do extensions but I'm at a loss. How well do they hold up? How long of a nail can you get away with a tip? Is it possible to build the apex by the way you apply the resin or do they end up too thick?
I'd love to know this too as I'm highly allergic to monomer so can't use acrylic. Can you build an apex? X

I just bought an Artistic Dip kit that will be here Monday, so I will experiment. If you aren't allergic to EMA, you could possilby use acryl-gel. I tried some IBD Control gel today and it didn't bother me.

I'm ok with normal hard gel and polygel as I had it tested on me. It's just the monomer. I've got nexgen dip acrylic which I love on my nails as it's so strong. But not tried extensions with it as wasn't sure how it would be without an apex. Is there a way of doing it do you know? X

I have been using the SNS Dip system since the first of the year. It was great when I started. Now the topcoat dries dull/ cloudy. Has anyone else had this problem? I have used the same technique ever since I started. The only thing I can think of is the product I ordered the second time is defective.

I have been using the Artistic Dip and am loving it! My clients have been getting 14+ days wear from them and there's no smell to them so it's not unpleasant for clients to sit through the manicure and you get a really intense colour and over 40 colour options.

How much do you charge for the service? I’m thinking of starting up. I don’t teally like doing acrylic nails. I use bio sculpture gel and Gelish gel polish atm but want to add something new in. Can you do extensions with them? X

Hi, im just starting with dip ( I'm crap at traditional l and p!) how are you finding the dip and what about pricing? X

I've heard bad reviews about these dip nails.

Latest posts

Back