Dip powder discolouration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiNails

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced dip powder nails discolouring ( going patchy, almost marbled look) on their clients? I’ve had it with a couple of clients and seems to happen more on the pastel or light colours after a couple of days wear ‍♀️ I have the cuccio dip powders so wondering if this happens with just this brand? I always finish a set of dip powders with a non wipe uv topcoat as opposed to a standard top coat. I was advised to do this By a trainer on the stand at the excel beauty show as I told her the standard topcoat didn’t give the nails the shine my clients wanted. At first I thought it may just be the topcoat discolouring but after buffing the top coat off it’s still discoloured. One clients nails were a totally different colour when she came in after 2 weeks. So much so we couldn’t work out which colour she had originally I think the dip powder is great. As it’s a great alternative for clients who don’t get on with shellac or gel but this fading business is becoming a right pain. Any advice would be gratefully received & sorry if this topic has been on a thread. I did search but couldn’t find anything x

Have you raised with the Cuccio directly? fading is fairly well known in some Gel polish ranges (I know you are using dipping but the pigments used will be similar) and specifically in the 'pinks' - mostly the mid range pinks as it's due to the pigment being unstable in UV light. Obviously we're experiencing some unusually sunny weather at the moment so it could be that, but I think you should talk to the authourised distributor and see if they have any suggestions/solutions.

I think you should contact Cuccio too. I struggled with an NSI product a few weeks ago and found out when I made an enquiry that they had a bad batch. The product was replaced and the problem was gone. Always worth checking!

Thanks. I will do that. I had a similar problem with a gel colour years ago & was a faulty batch.

Have you raised with the Cuccio directly? fading is fairly well known in some Gel polish ranges (I know you are using dipping but the pigments used will be similar) and specifically in the 'pinks' - mostly the mid range pinks as it's due to the pigment being unstable in UV light. Obviously we're experiencing some unusually sunny weather at the moment so it could be that, but I think you should talk to the authourised distributor and see if they have any suggestions/solutions.
Thanks. You’re right, I’ve experienced this with gel colours in the past (still do with some clients after they’ve been in particularly hot holidays) didn’t think of this to be honest! I’ll call them direct

Latest posts

Back