Dipping powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherie0304

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use ordinary acrylic powder as a dipping option? Thx. I hv loads of colours and rather use these than buy again. TIA

No, dipping powder is finer grade than normal polymer, it needs to be to absorb into the base coat which is a thicker viscosity than monomer

No, dipping powder is finer grade than normal polymer, it needs to be to absorb into the base coat which is a thicker viscosity than monomer

Thanks. I’ll hv to invest in some colours! Any suggestions??

Ink London do a dipping system that uses their acrylic powders. They are very good value with excellent customer service too.

Ink London do a dipping system that uses their acrylic powders. They are very good value with excellent customer service too.

Thx. Hv signed up and first order placed!

In my experience, you can use regular colored acrylic, but I would stick to dipping powders for light colors or clear, only because it will look grainy on the nail. The darker colors or glitters hide the grainy look from regular powders

In my experience, you can use regular colored acrylic, but I would stick to dipping powders for light colors or clear, only because it will look grainy on the nail. The darker colors or glitters hide the grainy look from regular powders

Thank you. Would you recommend a particular system?

Thank you. Would you recommend a particular system?
I do really like Kiara Sky, but I have also used Color clubs Serendipity and ProDip dipping powders. I will say that ProDip is the most affordable! I get them for about $5.50 thru my supplier! Large containers and pretty colors :)

Last edited:
I do really like Kiara Sky, but I have also used Color clubs Serendipity and ProDip dipping powders. I will say that ProDip is the most affordable! I get them for about $5.50 thru my supplier! Large containers and pretty colors :)

Thx. I’ll see if I can get in the UK

Oh that's a great price! Who is your supplier? Do you order online?

I am in the U.S. and I buy most of my products for marlobeauty.com or premiernailsource.com

opi dip powder has done wonders for me

I am in the U.S. and I buy most of my products for marlobeauty.com or premiernailsource.com
Thank you! I've ordered from premier and they have good stuff. I'm in Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Back