directions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches

Reaction score
i had a phone call from a lady this morning asking for a manicure today, i said she can come round for 4pm ,

5pm no show -5.30pm a telphone call to say she got lost and went back home this has happened in the past, i live on a big estate and my street is hard to find i have sent out maps to some people does anyon know of any other way to high light the area so its not too difficult to find

thanx:o

Hiya Lynda,
Have you thought to ask them (when they book with you) if they have an A-Z?
I would make sure you tell them the exact point of where you are, tell them to write it down and put the note between the pages of the A-z and to bring it with them on their journey for reference.
You could also tell them to carry your number and to call you for help en route if they get lost.
Just my thoughts.

hi have you tried going on streetmaps.co.uk i think they are a bit easier to read than the normal a-z or there is routefinder, that explains exactley what roads to go on etc ,hope this helps

I have to agree with dee here the web maps are great!!! Try www.mapquest.co.uk . If they have a pc ask them to look directions up on there , it only takes a few mins to take down directions!!! Or if they don't have a pc mail them the directions from the web site. a bit of extra time i know but it shows that you are extremely helpful and once they have found they will have no probs for future visits!!
I use mapquest for all my new clients as i am such a terrible driver (been driving 3 years and never venture far out of my hown town) and it is such a god send!!!

mmm not sure about mapquest, I use this regularly and its wrong quite often as a few geeks will confirm for me as its on the way to them that I have been slightly misplaced. I think if you`re address is in an A-Z then the best way is to photocopy the page and send it out to people and give them your number in case they still get misplaced. Good luck with it

Hi,

Another one I use all the time is www.multimap.com - you can zoom in to street level or zoom out to see a larger area.

Do you have business cards? Is it worth putting a map/directions on the back?

B

Hi debs
i have never ever had that problem with mapquest and i use it alot , my partner also uses it when delivering cars across the uk.
Has it often been wrong for you???
i hav to admit though it may not be entirely up to date as from my hous it gives directions to go up a road that is now a dead end lol!!!

give your clients specific things to look for as they are trying to find you so that they know they are heading in the right direction... you know - pass big house on left with pink & purple garage - that type of thing - this may help! ;)

hi and thanx to evryone iv printed out maps from the mulitimaster and there is a pub just on the corner i could tell people to watch for thanks for all your help.

diesel1978 said:
Hi debs
i have never ever had that problem with mapquest and i use it alot , my partner also uses it when delivering cars across the uk.
Has it often been wrong for you???
i hav to admit though it may not be entirely up to date as from my hous it gives directions to go up a road that is now a dead end lol!!!
Unfortunately yes it has been wrong on 4 occasions for me now. I still use it though as I didn`t know of any others but I will check out some other suggestions now.
I think Samantha has suggested a better way of giving directions. I used to direct people to me via the pubs which were (or at least I thought they were) landmarks but they keep pulling them down........wonder if they`re trying to tell me something, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back