Disapointed NEC

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Did any of you attend the NEC over the last wkend
If so how did you find it

I went on Monday i had no choice

I was very disapointed in the volume of stock that Creative had on their stand

I went with a list, came home with nothing on it:irked:

I was armed with £1,000
I spent in total £160 on nail art stickers..empty pots..accetone and hand lotions (from various stands)

I was looking for product stock up and offers(this was a poor show)

NEC was over 2 days by the second day the stand was allmost empty..with no back up stock(why)

I trained with Creative over 3yrs..i have had problems quite a few times during Tel phone orders(lack of stock) and now at the show
whats happening guys?

All reply's welcome
Jenx

Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

i went for the comps - but when i looked around the show, i too was disapointed - and only spent £31 onthe creative stand, but that was only because i didnt need anymore stock - didnt bother looking round the rest of the show as it looked very mundane to me

I wasnt at all dissapointed, if you think about it....where would they put all their stock if they came with a shed load??

They had fantastic offers, see my thread.... which sold out in 40 mins and they honoured them, so I got mine on Monday!

I managed to clock up about £500 on Monday, my shelves are almost full, hopefully Leeds are phoning me today so I can get my offers and I will place the rest of my order (the stuff I couldnt get on Monday).

xx:hug:

Normally Creative don't even go to the NEC, so I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that they did this year ....

Marlise

Very very disappointed with the show overall, it seemed very amateur, with a lot of 'bric a brac' stalls, jewellery etc.

I went on the Monday and I found a lot of the stock had sold out too.

Don't understand why they struggle cause the NEC is a central location.

Compared to last year I thought this years show had definetly improved.

When I got there about 11.30am on Sunday the Creative stand had already been blitzed, I guess it was because the offers were so good ! I just called them yesterday & ordered the things I wanted, which luckily were in stock.

There could of been more but this is a technically a new show, the previous two years it was British Beauty. Now its Beauty UK, I think they did a good job getting the brands that were there to exhibit.

HIYA

All trade have access to storage space at the NEC
No reason why they could not get back up stock

I know this for a fact...as hubby does the festive fair show and has a store room that has security looking after it all the time the doors are open for business

This is my first moan since starting the beauty industry over 3yrs ago....soooo not a normal moaner.

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

Oh I didnt realise that, I got told that they have what you see and nothing else, so i.e no stroage space!? But your hubby would know as he works with all that!

I enjoyed the show, but agree there was alot of 'bric-brac' stalls there. I missed the Excel this year, will try for next year I think! xx

Its only the second show I have ever been too so was a big big come down after excel!! :mad:

My experience of all the stands is that if you want something that is on offer and it is sold out, if you ring the supplier they will send you the items at the offer price. What a lot of people don't realise, and why should they,:lol: is just how much work is involved in seting up a stand for a show. Me and hubby used to do electronic pre pres shows and we were on site 10 days before the show opened just to iron out the details of the stand itself, never mind the displays and stock control. Then the show it self is very hard work, by the time you reach pack up time you just want a very large drink, a hot bath and to sleep for at least a week. Which doesn't happen because the moment you get back to base you are dealing with all the follow up from all the buissness leads you generated at the show.
We go to buy, but a lot of peeps go to see about franchising, training and and a host of other stuf. So if the display stock is a sell out then you don't have all that lot to be packed up at the end.
My advise to everyone is to always talk to the educators at the stand and tell them what your wish list is. They will bend over back wards to help you. Bottom line hun they want your £1000 as much as you want to part with it.

I've been to the NEC twice previosly and last week when I got my list of exhibitors i decided not to bother as i knew I would be dissapointed yet again.

I don't think the expense of travel is worth while for whats on offer to an Nail Technician at all.

I'd have thought things might have improved but it seems not, glad I've waited for the GMEX.

Its sad that the show is not more supported by the Nail Industry especially when it has a compeition.

More exhibitors will make a better show but without the footfall that wont happen and without the exhibitors no footfall.

I consider the dilema for the businesses is what comes first the Nail Technician or the Nail COmpanies - you chose chicken or egg??

We do not normally do this show. We decided late in the day that we would exhibit and because the show was not a rip roaring success the year before, we took only a certain amount of stock.

We sold out of enormous amounts on the Sunday and we have never brought extra to keep in on-site warehouses; it maybe an option but not one that we have ever taken up at any show to date.

We always honour the show deals even if we have sold out which means that had you asked, I am sure we would have been happy to help you and send it after the show P&P free.

I was not at this show but understand that it was a great success compared to last year. If any of you are disappointed I would contact the show organisers; we are distributors and they are responsible for who distributes.

Hope this helps!

There must be lots more geeks who attended the exhibition.

If you did manage to go could you give us lot who couldnt make it some information about it?

Ive gone to a lot of trouble to arrange to be in London for the autumn one and Im starting to worry that it might have been a mistake :eek:

Thanks

If you did manage to go could you give us lot who couldnt make it some information about it?

Ive gone to a lot of trouble to arrange to be in London for the autumn one and Im starting to worry that it might have been a mistake :eek:

Thanks

The big shows like GMEX and EXCEL are always good.

Crazy busy, huge selection of exhibitors etc. The NEC show is tiny compared to the big boys in London and Manchester.

The reason why the Bham show hasn't been getting such a good review is because in the past it has been pretty crap. This year it was revamped and suppose to be a lot better.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year as I was training, so can't give my feedback on this one.

However, you should not be dissapointed if you are going to the London one.

Marlise

Thanks

Don't panic hun:eek: the NEC is new and always the quietest one:lol:
IMO the two best shows are the one at Docklands, which I missed this year:irked: and G-MEX but I found the olimpia show to be good, just very difficult for me personaly to get to. I'm sure you'll have a great time and the geek meets are worth it anyway:lol:

Thanks so much Susie and Marlise, Im back to being sick with excitement. :hug: :Love:

Don't mean to sound dumb.....but what is GMEX????? :lol:

A big exhibition centre in the centre of Manchester. x

gmex is the big huge proffesional beauty show in manchester usually in october its huge and all of the nail companies exibit there its huge and fab

GMEX stands for Greater Manchester Exhibition - we just always call it the GMEX show!

Latest posts

Back