Disappointed with response to a complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
So I did a shellac for a client in the salon 2 weeks ago, it was a very light colour (can’t remember which one now)

so anyway yesterday she comes in to complain that the ends have discoloured and the manager asked her if they like that when she left etc etc and she said no but somehow tried to still blame the salon?! So they made her an appointment today and did a FREE removal for her.

To say I was annoyed by the fact they gave her a free removal is an understatement, there is no way there was anything wrong with her nails and the other beautician who removed said that they looked like she had touched something and they had become discoloured.

It really annoys me that they have made out like it was our fault when it clearly wasn’t [emoji35]

Just a thought, does she have blonde hair? Silver/toner shampoo really discolours nails. I warn all my clients now x

Just a thought, does she have blonde hair? Silver/toner shampoo really discolours nails. I warn all my clients now x

Yes she does! Didn’t think of that, I will get her hair girl to discuss with her next time she is in!

Ive seen this so many times. Especially with light Shellac colors. Things like sunscreen, self tanner, toned hair product like mentioned above, smoking and even strong sun exposure will have its effects. When a Shellac have been on for two weeks they will have been affected and should be changed. I notice clients here in Norway who travel to warmer climates for summer come back with affected Shellac for example. I don’t understand why the client should get a free removal when it’s been two weeks. That’s the guaranteed time for a Shellac. Just be aware to tell clients that outside sources will effect Shellac because of the low quantity of gel it contains. And you should talk to your boss about giving away services for free when there is no need in my mind. [emoji4]

Ive seen this so many times. Especially with light Shellac colors. Things like sunscreen, self tanner, toned hair product like mentioned above, smoking and even strong sun exposure will have its effects. When a Shellac have been on for two weeks they will have been affected and should be changed. I notice clients here in Norway who travel to warmer climates for summer come back with affected Shellac for example. I don’t understand why the client should get a free removal when it’s been two weeks. That’s the guaranteed time for a Shellac. Just be aware to tell clients that outside sources will effect Shellac because of the low quantity of gel it contains. And you should talk to your boss about giving away services for free when there is no need in my mind. [emoji4]

I did say about that to her in a nice way and she was like she agrees but she doesn’t want her going round slagging the salon off, at the end of the day it’s her business so I can’t do much about it and I know it wasn’t me causing the problem :)

2 weeks is the standard time for Shellac nails to last so I would not have given a free removal after this time . Having said that this is a decision made by the salon owner so no point im getting annoyed over something you have no control over :)

2 weeks is the standard time for Shellac nails to last so I would not have given a free removal after this time . Having said that this is a decision made by the salon owner so no point im getting annoyed over something you have no control over :)

Yeah I know, I was just annoyed because now that client will think it’s ok to take the piss and do it again and my rep with that client is ruined

Let it go. Client knows she's been bad and will be grateful to salon owner for goodwill response. Next time she comes in she'll be all "I don't know what happened? I just though OMG!" Just be very "well we've all learned something - pale colours stain more easily, I'll make sure to warn my clients in future - but it was such a lovely colour on you". Then you can talk about what colour she wants instead, whether she wants to risk discolouration after almost 2 weeks, which is the normal time for a removal or whether she wants a different colour.

In the meantime, warn all your clients not to be dumb. Clients will enjoy slagging off dumb client and will reassure you that you did nothing wrong.

If you don’t already then perhaps an aftercare card just to remind her dos and donts x

So the client came in for a hair appointment and I had a chat and just said I was sorry to hear about what happened and we discussed things like sun creams and that and she agreed that she could have used a cream and not realised and it made the nails mark. She said she would go for a darker colour next time she is going away and has booked in again with one of the other girls to have them done

Latest posts

Back