Disappointing attitude at G-Mex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw the rio kit sellers too!! Funnily enough they weren't there on the second day though!

It was the stand selling Rio kits in the small exhibition room (right next to the nail comp) that totally killed it for me.

Those girls and guys in the Nail Comp were TRUE PROFESSIONALS demonstrating fab nails, commitment and passion to the industry and to walk out and see this stand at a PROFESSIONAL show must have been laughable for them:irked:

the other thing that got me down was the amount of children and babies allowed in to the show.

It states clearly no one under the age of 16 will be admitted so what is all that about!!!!!

:rolleyes: jeez that's ridiculous,hope they raise the bar for next year !

I didnt see the Rio kits thankfully,
But I did notice the kids and lots of babies in prams ...what the hell was all that about ?
Imagine next year now...lots of people thinking they can take their kids after this year..it will be like a mother and baby show!!!

I struggled to find someone to watch my kids for an hour (i dont normally ask anyone) while my parter and neighbour took me, and then picked me up later,

i wanted to go so bad....
I wouldnt dream of taking my kids anyway and they are old enough to know "not to touch"
but the amound of harmful chemicals, and sharp impliments out on show...not to mention the large stands of enamels ect..in the middles of the stalls...

Kids and beauty show dont mix....
If i could'nt get a babysitter, then I wouldnt go ..end of !

But I did notice the kids and lots of babies in prams ...what the hell was all that about ?
Imagine next year now...lots of people thinking they can take their kids after this year..it will be like a mother and baby show!!!

I struggled to find someone to watch my kids for an hour (i dont normally ask anyone) while my parter and neighbour took me, and then picked me up later,

I wouldnt dream of taking my kids anyway and they are old enough to know "not to touch"
but the amound of harmful chemicals, and sharp impliments out on show...not to mention the large stands of enamels ect..in the middles of the stalls...

yeah I noticed this also emma .. and there was a nursery at the entrance as well to leave them in:eek:
I didn't notice the rio stand in the smaller hall tbh but did think the quality of stands in there was pants ,, it didn't look like a beauty show more like a market, only went in there to look at the comp. Bit of a shame here's hoping next years show is better xx
o0h and carl I went 'bare' lol just for the points you mentioned xx

They said, and this is a point I'd like some clarification on folks, that they made their clients wait 3-4 weeks (perhaps even longer!!!) for a rebalance as rebalance wasn't required as often as "the salon down the road" who doesn't let a client go past 2 weeks without a rebalance.

I suppose it entirely depends on the client. If the nail growth of the client is slow and the nails don't need rebalancing after 2 weeks and the integrity of the product is still in place (i.e. no lifting etc) then why should you rebalance after 2 weeks ?

Some clients can get away with not having to have a rebalance every 2 weeks and some clients don't mind if there is a bit of regrowth and the product is still OK.

So if the client can get away with coming once a month instead of twice a month and the product allows this, then why not ?

Marlise

It was the stand selling Rio kits in the small exhibition room (right next to the nail comp) that totally killed it for me.

Those girls and guys in the Nail Comp were TRUE PROFESSIONALS demonstrating fab nails, commitment and passion to the industry and to walk out and see this stand at a PROFESSIONAL show must have been laughable for them:irked:

the other thing that got me down was the amount of children and babies allowed in to the show.

It states clearly no one under the age of 16 will be admitted so what is all that about!!!!!

i thought this too, lots of 'large' families with two or 3 kids!! the sign outside said no under 16's and some of the girls could have been 14/15 so fair enough but babies , it was really annoying,

yeah loads of people will have seen kids allowed, and then will take them next year!!

yeah I noticed this also emma .. and there was a nursery at the entrance as well to leave them in:eek:
I didn't notice the rio stand in the smaller hall tbh but did think the quality of stands in there was pants ,, it didn't look like a beauty show more like a market, only went in there to look at the comp. Bit of a shame here's hoping next years show is better xx
o0h and carl I went 'bare' lol just for the points you mentioned xx

i thought the smaller hall was awful, very market like, Rio!! and junk jewellrey stall, one lady was shouting at me, "you, lady over here come see," it was like being on holiday getting haggled!!

i must admit, i loved the show, but it wasnt what i expected, Ezflow stand was great ,well stocked, very friendly and all had nice nails, i saw some awful sights on various other stalls, and the OPI stand was pathetic, 45 mins i had to stand in the queue, and the men on tills were not polite really, glad the girl served me, Lena White (i assume it was her), was there, i really wanted to say something, but bit my tongue

i couldnt believe the likes of Rio were there, dont know why it just surprised me, and although i will go next year, it wont be the be all and end all if i dont get there, i think ill male more of an effort to go to the seminars etc next year

xxxx

I know - that did annoy me on Monday too.

I did enjoy the show, but I have difinately decided that if I want to see more of what the show has to offer then I need to go both days. I didnt get to see any of the seiminars, nail demos or try and get any nails done one me. I was just too knackered by time I had worked my way around the places I wanted to.

I got what I needed so I was happy there.

However I was in and out in 4 .1/2 hours that is unheard of for me:eek:

I spend about 7 hours at Scottish Beauty which is about 20% of the size of GMEX.

I normally go both days but there was nothing to entice me back on the Monday:cry:

I didn't book any seminars as I normally never have time over 2 days but next year I absolutely will as there were loads of speakers that interested me:irked:

Maybe we should send this thread to professional beauty and ask for some answers as to why there seemed to be a lack of "Professional"!

Maybe we should send this thread to professional beauty and ask for some answers as to why there seemed to be a lack of "Professional"!

I didn't go, doesn't sound like i missed much.

although id have probs killed someone i there was kids there. i don't have kids, nor do i enjoy them being in my way when i'm on a mission lol.

Im a sudent studying beauty therapy at college n i attend the show, i found it was fairly good as i bought alot of things i found the price range was reasonable. it would of been nice for more stalls to be there i felt they were too many stalls selling silly things like watches and handbags when they could of made some more stalls selling products but overall it was a good day =]. aswell as to what most of you said the attitude of most of the people that worked there was dissapointing ..i mean me n my friend were looking for a certain stall we asked about n most the staff, ..well they said they did'nt have a clue where it was or theyd never heard of it a mean obv that wasn't true n theres no need to be so rude n snapy about it, (what does it take to be nice)!!

it would of been nice for more stalls to be there i felt they were too many stalls selling silly things like watches and handbags

I beg your pardon !! :eek: :eek:

I didn't go this year as I couldn't be bothered, but what the hell ??? Selling watches and handbags ?? :eek: :eek:

I thought it was a beauty show, not an accessory show !!

Marlise

I beg your pardon !! :eek: :eek:

I didn't go this year as I couldn't be bothered, but what the hell ??? Selling watches and handbags ?? :eek: :eek:

I thought it was a beauty show, not an accessory show !!

Marlise

oh yes quite a few jewellrey stalls esp in the comp hall, and i saw two 'divalily' bag stands, now they are gorgeous, but who has £99 for a bag, when theres beauty products around:lol:

, it did strike me as strange , cos i was expecting loads of other stalls that werent there, but suppose if theyve got empty space they'll let anyone book them?

i agree that we should send this thread to PB and let them see how dissapointed we were with the lack of the 'professional' part

xxxxx

I wasnt as enthrawled as last year....first stall to greet me was the Rio stand!:eek: both me and loubylou looked at each other in amazment then cracked out laughing:lol:

Then round from there was a jewelery stand then a watch stand and then a handbag stand.

The guy on the handbag stand made his prices up as he went along, sunday he started of with £19 on a certain shelf then towards the end of the day he put it up to £35. me and lou only noticed this after we had seen a bag she liked and we went back to buy it late on the sunday.

Lou said to him that the bag she wanted had changed price but he tried to make out it was a different bag then he said he had moved his shelves around :eek: Anyway we walked away after Lou gave him what for and he called us back saying ok ok ok madame you come back i give it you for £19!

Hahaha we carried on walking and let him sweat it out and Lou went back monday and got it for £20

I didnt see as many tanning stands this year but was surprised to see more stalls selling electrical facial machines at expensive prices (thats prob why they was always empty)

There was an increase in nail stands selling different makes of acrylic, gel or acrygel along with oodles of polishes, glitters etc.

Ezflow stand was really good with plenty of demos on the go from sue, jo, victoria and ant, and as always, opi, nsi & calgel stands was full of activity and very busy.

I spent more money sunday night partying with other geeks than i did inside on goods!:green:

Dont even get me started on all the screaming babies & children running around.:mad:

All in all a good weekend away meeting up with geeks but dissapointing where the show is concerned:irked:

the booths at these shows are not cheap ....... in fact they are outrageously expensive, (many businesses run shows at a loss, just to be seen) often when booths are not sold to businesses within the particular industry, they will be sold to someone near (or seen to accentuate the particular show) it fills up floor space and makes the show look overall better.

It's very typical of people who have no idea of costs to whinge about apparent outsiders, but if it wasn't for these businesses supporting these shows, the shows would cease to exist at all.

Most peeps love shopping for trinkets at the best of times ..... i bet these "outsider booths" were very popular and a welcome distraction.

I am bummed i didn't go into the other hall now...i didn't realise anything was in there...i love all that cheep tack costume jewelry...

Iam CND trained and I use CND products as well as NSI and to be honest I think that its a personal preference what people use and what they dont use.:confused:

Just to recap on what you were saying about the attitude of some people at GMex regarding creative I think there are always goind to be people who like to gossip and speak ill of people, they seem to get some kind of perverse kick out of it. Well in this case the last laught is on them because the Sweets are in business with CND and good for them maybe that will shut up the poison spreaders.

I recent posted a thread on here about receiving a letter from the CND one stop shop that I got to telling me about what was going on. As I had been away I was not aware of anything going on so I posted the thread reqarding this asking if anyone had herd about it.

Who every moderates this site closed it so no one could answer it, though that was strange as its not cnd that run this site surely its Mr S Sweet. thought no matter I didnt botter,

Then low and behold someone sent me a private message telling me what was going on and answering my question though this was fine. end of story as far as I was concerned
I wont name and shame:irked: But she then also tryed to convert me to another sysem (I felt this was unprofessional therefore just deleted her private message and ignored her)

Talk about bad tast....:mad:

Well to get to my point since Ive went on a bit here Its not only GMEX attitue that was wrong its bound to happen with most people who think there competitor is in trouble expecially one as powerful as cns. The reason people speculate in my opinion is a bit like chinease wispers it starts of fine then by the time its at the last person its nothing like what it started at. Also if you treat clients like mushrooms and keep them in the dark there imagination is sure to take over and heaven help us.

Hope who ever went to GMEX got some great bargains and bought lovely things I will be saving for Ingleston next year.

kind regards Catherine

Hiya

Friend of a friend asked for advise on nails, they never called again.
Later txt advised me.. i've decided to train with another company because creative have gone bust, i was so sad by this comment, and coming from another company in the same industry. very very sad:cry:

All the experience ive had in the nail/beauty industry, i would have been glad of so much advise from a old timer..the company they trained with will never ever be a patch on CND in my opinion...i tried them and they are PANTS.

It makes me mad that these company's say these horrid things, they must be desperate.

CREATIVE if your logged on, you need to come back even bigger than before..that will shut them up

LOVE JENXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The watch/handbag etc stands are always there..I bought a load of watches once for £10 each at a show and sold them when I worked in a salon and they sold like hot cakes!
No-one at all mentioned or bitched about any other company...you just wouldn't do it would you?
I enjoyed the show and had a ball, can't wait for the next one!

yes i found this as well, i went with my mum who is a non-pro! & she was abit shocked about how bitchy the industry is!we were watching a demo at jessica & the girl asked what products i used & the kindly (not!!) told me that creative have gone bust! to which my mum replyed ohh thats a shame & the jessica tech said WELL NO NOT REALY & STARTED LAFFIN!!! now ive got the job of trying to convince my mum that were not all like that!!
XXXX

Latest posts

Back