Disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintz

Reaction score
I am sitting here typing this while soaking off all my nails after i swore i'd never do that again.

You see I was going to do my own rebalance (blue glitter french) but after getting my left hand so perfect I was in heaven - I spent today doing my right hand. Drill out smile lines with some effort and snap 2 tips clean off! Grrrr

Well bad to worse apply blue and My smile lines are shocking. I spent 3 hours trying tro fix my nails and have reverted to soaking them all off in sheer frustration.

I HATE doing my own nails!!!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet i HATE doing my right hand.

I'm sure there are others of you out there that know my pain and those that dont have a clue what the big deal is.

If you have no trouble doing your own nails what is your secret????

Jadey

jadey, i know your pain, i have the same trouble.i'm never satisfied with my smiles either. on of my tricks is to use clear tips, i size them all up, then i apply my glitter french effect [or whatever masterpiece i happen to be creating!] before i glue them on to my hand and then overlay as usual.this way i am able to get better results and do more demanding effects coz i can use my right hand for all 10 tips. i know its cheating really but its better than having nails that your constantly picking fault with.

I have no problems doing my own nails, but then I have Sheeer Magic china silk natural nail wraps and I've had LOTS of practice at doing my own!! Do struggle to do nail art with my opposite hand tho, so I understand where you're coming from. :o

:idea: Do you not know another nail tech? Maybe you could do nails for each other F.O.C. if you both have the same problem? :idea:

Back up plan is to teach a family member to help you - only problem with that is that now my boyfriend AND my mother think they're experts... oh dear... :rolleyes:
G. xx

I hate doing my own nails. I also can do my left hand but totally mess up the right! My smile lines are pants and I seem to splodge the gel! I don't know any techs and am loathed to go to a salon as I would want to tell them if they didn't do it how I wanted!!!!:biggrin:

I have been known to hide my right hand from people when they ask to see my nails! One of my clients thinks it is hilarious that I find it so hard to do my own nails. Might consider teaching her to do it for me....that'll show her!!!!:lol:
Seriously though...I also think that you should try to get together with another tech and do each others.

angel fingers said:
jadey, i know your pain, i have the same trouble.i'm never satisfied with my smiles either. on of my tricks is to use clear tips, i size them all up, then i apply my glitter french effect [or whatever masterpiece i happen to be creating!] before i glue them on to my hand and then overlay as usual.this way i am able to get better results and do more demanding effects coz i can use my right hand for all 10 tips. i know its cheating really but its better than having nails that your constantly picking fault with.
Funny that you were the first to answer angel fingers as I love all things angelic and am in the middle of registering and angelic business name :)

How do you blend the clear tips after applying without ruining the smile lines etc ???

I've never played with the predesigned tips before. This could be a goer!

Jadey

I get it - It's like doing Radical french tips where you cut out your smile lines etc!

Awesome - NOW How do you do refills?

Jadey

taintz said:
Funny that you were the first to answer angel fingers as I love all things angelic and am in the middle of registering and angelic business name :)

How do you blend the clear tips after applying without ruining the smile lines etc ???

I've never played with the predesigned tips before. This could be a goer!

Jadey
no need to blend 'em , they have a cut out well area.

I too know axactly where you are coming from. I HATE doing my right hand. I have to set a day aside for me to get the oomoh up to fdo it. I ALWAYS do my right hand first, then i know it can only get better.

Have to say i would much rather have another fellow tech do mine and do theirs foe free. Its good practise and at least you can both work all problems out together.:o

taintz said:
I get it - It's like doing Radical french tips where you cut out your smile lines etc!

Awesome - NOW How do you do refills?

Jadey
i find if i'm carefull where i position the tips, i dont need to backfill the tip area until the second fill, then i usually add a bit of simple nail art, like a row of dots or some thing to disguise the shadow when the tip starts to grow off the natural smile line. that gives you about 6 weeks wear, then you soak off and start again. sometimes i airbrush the tips with a design if i dont fancy coloured acrylic and then proceed as before. :)

taintz said:
I am sitting here typing this while soaking off all my nails after i swore i'd never do that again.

You see I was going to do my own rebalance (blue glitter french) but after getting my left hand so perfect I was in heaven - I spent today doing my right hand. Drill out smile lines with some effort and snap 2 tips clean off! Grrrr

Well bad to worse apply blue and My smile lines are shocking. I spent 3 hours trying tro fix my nails and have reverted to soaking them all off in sheer frustration.

I HATE doing my own nails!!!!!!!!!!!! Or better yet i HATE doing my right hand.

I'm sure there are others of you out there that know my pain and those that dont have a clue what the big deal is.

If you have no trouble doing your own nails what is your secret????

Jadey
I done my own nails for the 1st time 2wks ago r/b due wednesday not looking forward to it lol. Smile lines on left hand ok but on right mmmmmm i also found the blending hard to do on right hand caught myself with file three times made myself bleed again though i think the more we do this the better we will get, did try one of the other suggestions do it before applying but made a total mess up of it

I used to do my own rebalances for years, but for the past year I've been going to my CND Ambassador's salon for my rebalances.

One reason is, I think it is good to experience being a paying customer, put yourself in the shoes of your customers...then you can see things much clearly from their perspective and be proactive in avoiding any anticipated 'pet hates'...e.g., I hate my hands being left dusty after my rebalances...I can't stand it if the buffing has been rushed and you can see scratches in your enhancements etc....so I make sure my customers don't experience my pet hates.

Secondly, I really didn't enjoy doing my own nails....so, made sense to me to let someone I knew and trusted to do a good job do it for me instead!

Thirdly, it's a great way too learn more, watching someone else do you nails, and a great way to exchange info and tips.

Just my opinion :)

Jenny - Nails
CND Master Tech x x x x

I hate rebalancing my own nails... guess thats why I dont bother ;)

hmmm... actually. I guess I there are other reasons... but it would suck having to rebalance my right hand. I find it difficult enough buffing my right hand with my left. I feel I would do a better job buffing my right hand with my left foot.

Thanks so much for your help guys. I am noe thw proud wearer of a new set of Beautiful nails (even if I do say so myself :p )

This is the first time I haven't sat on my right hand when people ask for a look.
My only downer comes with the fact that my cuticles are a bit sore from filing over them and I can't seem to seal them properly myself. I also have a couple of small dips around the cuticle area in 2 or 3 nails from being a bit heavy handed with the brush I'd say. But hell I can only see this cause I'm being trained to see it and everyone else thinks they are fantastic. And it's all practise.

Dreading the rebalance though! :eek:

Not the greatest pic for a photographer but hey lighting was bad I was tired and as you can see both my hands are in the photo - not easy!

29317683.jpg

Thanks again

Jadey

Cool Colour!! Is is a coloured powder with glitter added or just loads of glitter in a clear powder???

:biggrin:

annalooby said:
Cool Colour!! Is is a coloured powder with glitter added or just loads of glitter in a clear powder???

:biggrin:
Thanks

There's not actually that much glitter in them. It's 2 parts Creative Perfect Colour Clear powder with 1 part Too Much Fun Fuchia Glitter on a clear tip with an NSI pink nail bed.

I love it!

Jadey

They look really cool, i love the colour as purple is my favourite.:green:

hey, we need to change the thread title, coz disaster is definately not appropriate now ! :biggrin:

They look fab love that idea. I took all my nails off yesterday after having them for soo long but was in that crazy mood and now really hate them but after the soreness of filing cant bear to take them off again so may have to paint them!!!

Hi there guys,

Not been on the site for a while as my business is fully up and running and i am mega busy! Im booked on a real rebalancing course as i am having problems with rebalancing my pink and white, so if anyone out there can help me with them, i would be hugely grateful. When i apply the first set of nails they are lovely, then when my client comes back for her rebalancing i start to have difficulties, they never look as ggod. I file off as much of the acrylic as possible, both in the stress area and the fill line area, so i can re-do the white smile area, but i just cant get it right and its frustrating me. Im such a perfectionist that i am stressing myself out! Any advice would be gratefully received!

Michelle.

xxxx

Latest posts

Back