Disclaimers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForYou

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

How do you create a disclaimer for clients? Some clients want to book for tinting but haven't had any patch test so I thought I would have to get them to sign a disclaimer if they wish to go ahead.

Is this a good idea or bad idea. If anyone has any templates or ideas of how to create one I would be grateful.

Thank you xx

Hi ForYou,

Disclaimers are a tricky subject, there are a number of different issues with them. Have you spoken with your insurance company to gain their perspective on disclaimers and also about customers not being patch tested for treatments. Personally, I wouldn't offer this type of treatment without a patch test.

Hope this helps.

Emily-Louise

Hi Emily,

I just read over some of my policy. It states that disclaimers can be done but even with it I can still be charged anyway so I guess that answers my questions. Best not to risk it I guess.

Thank You x

Disclaimers are not worth the paper they are written on. As a professional it is up to you to provide your clients with the safest treatment possible and to follow manufactures instructions, which all will say to patch test.

It would be like getting someone to write there permission to be murdered …. it just won't hold up in a court. LOL

And believe me, there are people out there who hop from salon to salon looking for a claim, and they know only too well that these disclaimers mean nothing. Better to just play it by the book and patch test :)

Marvel Tint doesn't need a patch test. Maybe try that.

Id be surprised if any tint didn't need a patch test! Although I haven't heard of Marvel.
Disclaimers mean nothing in court unfortunately, they need to have a patch test at least 24 hours before their tinting treatment. And most importantly, before you do the treatment they need to sign a form to say they have had the patch test with the date and their contact information. In the salon I work, even if the client has had years of tinting elsewhere or has had it with us but it's been over 3 months since their last appt, we still have to patch test xxx

Latest posts

Back