Disclosing new features - Please revisit!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab idea, I hate having to mention that i am a trainer/supplier on threads as there are no signatures now. Was wanting to change my name, but no idea how lol. Not so much need now we have this :) xxx

calling all trainers/distributors/reps/designers.....grab yourself an golden asterisk ..

update your profile please...:biggrin:

In our continual quest to keep SalonGeek a spamless environment, we have implemented a couple of new features that we hope will enhance your geeking experience.

Rules n regs

We have promoted the Geek Commandments from an Article to its own full fledged page, updated with the latest revisions to the rules of conduct on the site. Users are now required to accept these conditions before participating on the site.

Full disclosure

There are a lot of people that participate on SalonGeek that sell products and/or services to our industry (educators, company reps, designers, etc...). These members are an important and integral part of the SalonGeek community as they are often some of the best sources of information regarding the products/companies they represent.

There are now a couple of options available when editing your profile to flag that you are indeed someone that services our industry. When a member checks this box, a golden asterisks in the footer of their posts that shows they provide services to our industry. You can then view their profile to read the specifics.

Members that should disclose this information and choose not to will be in violation of the site rules.

As ever, nJoy and happy Geeking!

There are still some Geeks that haven't disclosed. Please do this ASAP. Thank you xxx

I am very proud of my golden asterisk.

I am bumping this back up because there seems to be confusion. We have many people with asterisks who frankly dont need them and equally many who dont have, but should have.

Please revisit your profiles and if you provide products or services to our industry then you need an asterisk.

This does not mean that if you run a salon and carry out manicures, pedicures etc that you need an asterisk.

Are you a distributor, trainer, seller of products to the trade then you need to answer yes.

If you are a salon owner, mobile therapist etc and only sell products to your own customers or do treatments on your own customers, then the answer is no.

If you are any doubt as to yes or no then please start a thread in My Forum and we will clarify for you.

Can this be done on the app?

I am bumping this up again as I still see a lot of asterisks out there when the geek is only providing services like manicures etc and is not actually a supplier or distributor!

I have clicked no. I really thought it meant if I am selling cuticle oil and providing a service like manicure. I do apologies:o.xx

I am bumping this back up because there seems to be confusion. We have many people with asterisks who frankly dont need them and equally many who dont have, but should have.

Please revisit your profiles and if you provide products or services to our industry then you need an asterisk.

This does not mean that if you run a salon and carry out manicures, pedicures etc that you need an asterisk.

Are you a distributor, trainer, seller of products to the trade then you need to answer yes.

If you are a salon owner, mobile therapist etc and only sell products to your own customers or do treatments on your own customers, then the answer is no.

If you are any doubt as to yes or no then please start a thread in My Forum and we will clarify for you.

Just bumping this up again as I have PM'd several people over the last few days who have yellow asterisks and are not suppliers or distibutors/trainers.

Latest posts

Back