Discolouration near cuticle area

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle77

Reaction score
Hi there

I did a set of enhancements using creative and after a day a couple of the nails started to go slightly yellow near the cuticle area. I thought it may have been the cuticle oil but it hasn't happened to all the nails.

Any ideas??????????

Many thanx
Michelle

Do you use Self Tanning lotion ???
Sunbeds ?????
Contamination usualy shows up within a couple of hours.......Yellowing after that is usualy UV light as in Sunbeds, but it can also be.............Self Tanning lotion, Tan enhancers, certain spices in cooking Saffron, tumeric, curry powder.Check out these possibilities..............As is isn't on all nails, I suspect it is something that you have touched or applied..................... Any Lily's in your house.........the pollen does stain like mad....................... just a thought......................

Creative L&P does not yellow ever under normal circumstances ... the product is totaly colour stable.
You must be getting into something as Ruth rightly says. If it were brush contamination then on a full set, it would show up in zone 1 and not just the cutical area.
You will have to look at what you are doing to those nails and not to the others.

It happened to a client I did! She does smoke and uses her right hand (the one with discolouration). She assures me she hasn't used anything else, (I checked she hadn't eaten oranges etc!!!).

I think it must be nicotine staining although I have other clients who have not experienced any discolouration.

Lets hope the problem is solved. Haven't heard back for a week.

Many thanx for your suggestions

Michelle

:o hi Michelle, sadly I am a dunce who smokes :o (not like a trouper mind) but I have never ever had staining on my pinkies or my enhancments from nicotine...(plus my friends likes M/Reds and they are yukey strong and still no staining) so I doubt is its down to her being a puffin billy....hope you get to the bottom of this.. :eek:

Fab Freak said:
:o hi Michelle, sadly I am a dunce who smokes :o (not like a trouper mind) but I have never ever had staining on my pinkies or my enhancments from nicotine...(plus my friends likes M/Reds and they are yukey strong and still no staining) so I doubt is its down to her being a puffin billy....hope you get to the bottom of this.. :eek:
Ah, Louise, you did make me laugh :lol: . Dont be embarrassed for being a puffin billy (i used to smoke and my hubbie used to call me puffin jenny!!). You still give good advice and if you didnt smoke you wouldt have been able to give Michelle that bit of insight, would you, lol???

Best wishes,

Hi Michelle like louise i also smoke i wear creative enhancements and have no staining, i also have clients that wear enhancements who smoke and they have no staining either, i agree with ruth look at every possible thing this client might be doing. Let us no the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back