Discoloured hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura140597

Reaction score
My hair is naturally black and throughout the years I’ve been red or blonde highlights/balayage. A few months ago I had balayage that went very orange and the orange would not lift so I decided to go back to my natural color and I used Montibello Cromatone 1 with 10 vol. This was back in March but I’ve noticed a lot lately that my ends are more like a medium brown and my hair is horrible. I’m going to dye my hair again with the Montebello cromatone 1 with 10 vol but I’m just wondering is there anything I can do different to prevent this from happening again.
CFF55E7A-251B-4411-99B6-A175E41EDE41.jpeg
527BE525-DB9C-4671-847A-7EF13D48EAFF.jpeg
74178F15-FF5C-4809-9059-37845E463BE8.jpeg

My hair is naturally black and throughout the years I’ve been red or blonde highlights/balayage. A few months ago I had balayage that went very orange and the orange would not lift so I decided to go back to my natural color and I used Montibello Cromatone 1 with 10 vol. This was back in March but I’ve noticed a lot lately that my ends are more like a medium brown and my hair is horrible. I’m going to dye my hair again with the Montebello cromatone 1 with 10 vol but I’m just wondering is there anything I can do different to prevent this from happening again. View attachment 208929View attachment 208930View attachment 208931
I wouldnt recommend colouring your hair at home.

But in regards to the colour fading, unfortunately there's absolutely nothing you can do to stop it from happening! We all wish there was I'm sure.

As its been pre-lightened your hair will be porous meaning it cannot retain colour molecules very well. Try and keep your hair in good condition but even the most healthy hair will still fade when coloured.

Latest posts

Back