Discussion - is anyone using epilators in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
Just interested to know if anyone is using an epilator as a salon tool rather than tweezers?
As epilators are so much more advanced than years ago, sometimes I find myself tweezing out left over hairs and think, an epilator would do this so much more quickly and effectively.
Heads could be soaked to sanitise them between use.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It also crossed my mind and I’d also love to see if anyone does this x

It would be handy but can you imagine a client spending so much money on regular waxing to then see you using an epilators and being like well if she’s using it I may aswell do it myself... then you’ll lose them.

It would be handy but can you imagine a client spending so much money on regular waxing to then see you using an epilators and being like well if she’s using it I may aswell do it myself... then you’ll lose them.

Ah, yes lol . Didn’t think of it like that.

Just interested to know if anyone is using an epilator as a salon tool rather than tweezers?
As epilators are so much more advanced than years ago, sometimes I find myself tweezing out left over hairs and think, an epilator would do this so much more quickly and effectively.
Heads could be soaked to sanitise them between use.

Any thoughts?

Hi CFBS,
I had a client only yesterday and I thought I could just do with an epilator to assist me in the removal of those annoying hairs left from wax on the clients calf. She wears tight leggings so they break off just at the fullest part of the calf. I spent an age getting those left over hairs.
Luckily she was my last client of the day so I had extra time to do it.

She does exfoliate etc, so that isn't the issue. So actually if I had one i would have used it then.

My sister in rural france uses the epilator as she can't get to a local wholesalers easily, and she hates using it because it is agony . She uses it far more frequently than she would need a wax. That is a negative for losing clients to it! So just on the odd client you could trial it and save your back from plucking.
Have you tried one yet by the way?
Rosie x

Hi CFBS,
I had a client only yesterday and I thought I could just do with an epilator to assist me in the removal of those annoying hairs left from wax on the clients calf. She wears tight leggings so they break off just at the fullest part of the calf. I spent an age getting those left over hairs.
Luckily she was my last client of the day so I had extra time to do it.

She does exfoliate etc, so that isn't the issue. So actually if I had one i would have used it then.

My sister in rural france uses the epilator as she can't get to a local wholesalers easily, and she hates using it because it is agony . She uses it far more frequently than she would need a wax. That is a negative for losing clients to it! So just on the odd client you could trial it and save your back from plucking.
Have you tried one yet by the way?
Rosie x
I've only used an epilator on myself so far, not on any client, however I know a small number of my waxing clients have disappeared after starting to use an epilator. They start with it as a touch up method but then get the hang of it and start doing their whole leg etc.

I can see the point made above about the client seeing the therapist using an epilator, but then maybe they think using tweezers is old fashioned & slow?
I can see both sides...

Perhaps beauty therapists should start offering an epilation service the client pays for? ....after all, we've been doing waxing on them for years and now they're doing it themselves at home, why not throw it back the other way??? ;)

Latest posts

Back