Disgusting client - eek, what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that it can't have been a pleasant experience for you OP but I also agree with some of the others, that your attitude is at fault here.

You said that she was on a walking frame, yet criticised the fact that the sink was full of plates and the carpet covered in hairs and crumbs - how exactly do you think she's going to manage to do the washing up and the vacuuming if she can only walk with the aid of a frame?!

I sincerely hope that, if I'm ever unfortunate enough to end up like that, I'm not referred to on an internet forum as "disgusting"! :sad:

I used to deliver to an old lady when I worked in a food shop and was saddened about the fact she seemed unkept etc, I wanted to report it but my work said she had a career and there was nothing that could be done. I can understand where the OP is coming from its not our job to provide care but I think I would ring social service! As who was this person making sexual comments? Do you think he could have been taking advantage of her? Living there but not helping her etc? X

Oh god your description actually made me feel sick! But well done you for going through with it. Other people might have refused to carry out the treatment and would have hurt her feelings. She's obviously trying to put a bit of effort in to sort her hands and feet out. I think you deserve a glass of wine!! Xx

Bloody hell, bitchiness really is alive and well and living on Salongeek isnt it?

Of course this lady needed some compassion, and a visit from social services wouldnt go amiss, but it doesnt detract from the fact that this house was an entirely unsuitable working environment, and the OP wasnt relaying this info to have a good gossip about it, her question related to working in such unsuitable environments and how to avoid doing so. Clearly the OP DID have compassion, god knows I certainly wouldnt have done her pedi from what she described and I think she was very kind to have done so.

The OP made her post anonymous so that the lady in question was not identified, her question was a valid one, and all some of you can do is jump down her throat and question her attitude? I dont think its the OP's attitude that needs to be examined here.

Bloody hell, bitchiness really is alive and well and living on Salongeek isnt it?

Of course this lady needed some compassion, and a visit from social services wouldnt go amiss, but it doesnt detract from the fact that this house was an entirely unsuitable working environment, and the OP wasnt relaying this info to have a good gossip about it, her question related to working in such unsuitable environments and how to avoid doing so. Clearly the OP DID have compassion, god knows I certainly wouldnt have done her pedi from what she described and I think she was very kind to have done so.

The OP made her post anonymous so that the lady in question was not identified, her question was a valid one, and all some of you can do is jump down her throat and question her attitude? I dont think its the OP's attitude that needs to be examined here.

So you think calling the lady "disgusting" is having compassion?!

Sorry, I didn't jump down anybody's throat or question her attitude. I only offered what I might have done in that situation.

I certainly didn't bitch or question the OP's judgement or attitude..

But I've noticed on this forum there isn't anyone who can have an opinion or offer any advice without being shouted at via the internet.

Think I'll un-subscribe from the thread now.

To the OP, sorry if my opinion caused offence to you.

One thing that is drummed into therapists is client confidentiality. This girl has gone into great detail about this client and if the client stumbled across the thread then she would know it was about her. No, she should not have to work in those conditions but she also should never divulge sensitive information that she has. She could have refused and then reported the woman's plight to the authorities instead of demeaning the poor woman on an open forum that's all

I am going to close this thread now as there have been enough answers of differing opinion and it is best closed before it gets any more heated. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back